Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Forum News

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black Raven

I don't think Suitntie will be banned .... their mission has been accomplished. That forum can't afford to lose anymore members .... the owner would be furious. Sponsors too.

But it is clearly obvious that all of us have the same basic value ....

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend YOUR RIGHT to say it" ....

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    I don't think Suitntie will be banned .... their mission has been accomplished. That forum can't afford to lose anymore members .... the owner would be furious. Sponsors too.

But it is clearly obvious that all of us have the same basic value ....

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend YOUR RIGHT to say it" ....

Couldn't have said it better Madam RA

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

Ditto RA......and i'm still defending!!
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

Our old forum world leader has not been online for over 24 hours......hmmmmmm.......wonder how much of a he has been getting.
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

Why don't you people have a contest and see who can get thrown off next. My money is on suitntie or his Cubbiness..............double dare ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by suitntie View Post
    Our old forum world leader has not been online for over 24 hours......hmmmmmm.......wonder how much of a he has been getting.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Standby( Ichiban BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

Default We may have a winner....

Quote Originally Posted by standby-V View Post
    Why don't you people have a contest and see who can get thrown off next. My money is on suitntie or his Cubbiness..............double dare ya!
    I could easily get banned but what fun would that be without at least getting a point accross.....so....I took your "double dare" or was that a double dog dare?? None the less here is a copy of my post on the other side.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr XLR View Post
    I have been watching the site over the last few weeks, and have noticed what I call a refreshing change. There seems to be less personality issues going on and less bickering. I am very happy as the site is about cars and information. I have had so many individuals over the last 5 years tell me that they were tired of all the bickering and personal attacks on one another on this forum.

My own personal clients, told me it used to be fun to look at what people were experiencing positive and negative with thier XLRs, but then stopped coming to the forum, as it was becoming a personal outlet for some.

Im talking about individuals that signed up as members over the last 4/5 years and just stopped posting because they were saying that the forum had become a personal blog or message board for people and that isn't why they joined.

The excitement of members talking about their own experiences and issues they have had regarding their XLR, seemed to have vanished over the last 6 months or so. In the last month, I received 4 emails from members that have been with the forum for over 4 years, said that the forum seemed to have gotten away from being an information source on the XLR and going in the direction of a personal messaging board.

I have always said, there were so many personal comments on the threads, that it has made it hard to find the question and follow up answers for the individual that is looking for help.

Only a small percentage of individuals can afford to purchase an XLR new, so I believe it is important to have the forum getting back to it's roots and trying to help all the new owners that have questions and concerns about their vehicles and not having to navigate through massive threads that many include huge amount of just personal info that has nothing to do with the XLR.

I for one look forward to helping the old and new XLR owners with their issues and concerns.

[FONT=Arial Black]www.CadillacXLR-V.com[/font][/url]

Thanks
    Allen
    Maybe it's refreshing to you but to me its what I would call VACANT. There is less of everything......people....friends....and oh dare I mention vendors. Now lets see....I read the forum rules and I believe they state that I cannot mention a website "by its domain name only (omitting the www and the .com) is acceptable."
    Therefore I will not use the www or the .com by saying that everyone has gone to "xlr-net" which is a very valuable source of info on our beloved xlr.
    If the owner of this once great forum (xlrforum.com) should read this post I want you to know that all of this is thanks to one individual that everyone is aware of. It is quite a shame for your wonderful site to have taken such a drastic turningpoint based on his, well lets just say actions, since this is a public forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That might ruffle a few feathers.....i hope.
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Platinum/Ebony,2011DTS,Platinum Edition White Diamond.

Default The other side of the mountain

WOW, very well put I would say. That will probably get you banned in this life and the next but I am proud of you. I will be writing my letter to the owners tomorrow to let them or him know how I feel as it was really totally uncalled for. Not a good way to stay in business but as Ruthie has said it is really all in the past as we have a great home here at XLR-Net Thanks Marc First Robin (aka Robert)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

I want as many other members still over there to get the message as well and since the administrator has not been online for over 30 hours now there is a chance that the post may stay up for a bit.
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

Default I Win

Finally did it and it was fun.....my post was deleted by the idiot so i decided to have some fun....i changed my "location" in my profile to this forums web address and responded to a dozen or so threads with rule abiding posts. I guess he finally noticed my deception and basically told me to say hi to all of you here in our new found better than the other home!!!
    PS....since i won bob i think i should get your rims....lol
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Black

last note on this subject for me...

i sent him just a short note

"I was never warned about any violations but to be honest I don't want anything to do with you or any web page you have any control over. You ruined this site and someday your horse will be gone. Enjoy your ride to a very quite forum with no bickering and no members just yourself and your high pony. In the mean time I will enjoy my happy existence with my friends on a real forum."
    Marc D.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 Lt. Platinum & 2006 Lt. Platinum XLR-V

Don't count on it, but I have to applaud all you guys and I think we may have to have a poll to find out who the clear cut winner is. Yous guys ah da best. That's Brooklynees if yas don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by suitntie View Post
    I want as many other members still over there to get the message as well and since the administrator has not been online for over 30 hours now there is a chance that the post may stay up for a bit.
    DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Standby( Ichiban BB)

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

Congrats Suitntie. I checked the bad place, suitntie no longer on member lists. Suitntie you must have really ticked them off. They have taken down every one of your post. Past posts of the rest of the banned members are still there. Yours are all gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Default Congrats suitntie!!

Had I gotten online last night to see the challenge, I may have given you a run for your money!!

Bobo why would you have thought I would have done somethig nasty like that You know I'm easy to get along with, and rarely have an opinion

Looks like Jerry will be the one to turn out the lights at the other site or his sidekick Alan

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

I just posted this on the "old forum"

I'm done, Good Bye;

I have enjoyed the time spent on this site over the last year...I have made some great friendships. That being said, I won't/can't spend my time trying to help XLR owners with their problems or concerns and then have my posts deleted. It is sad that this once fun place has fallen so far. Life goes on.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Black XLR-V

We're really sad that after all you have done to promote that forum and to help the car owners who use it, you had that happen. This is crazy. They have no idea of their loss.

But, looks like the gang's here now - and WE all appreciate the knowlege, the great support and enthusiasm you bring to the group. And, the folks who don't know, will soon find out how valuable you will prove to be here.

Thanks again Bruce, for all the time you give to the owners of these great cars.

Cathy and David Kinney