Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!


Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1045
  1. #1
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default The Weather Channel

    Yay ... Hurrah .... !!

    Fall is finally here!

    After a high of 90 degrees yesterday, I just woke up and it is only 59 outside right now! I am so excited .... It is cool and thought I could shut the windows and doors but I'm not going to because I LOVE THIS!

    It's probably as hard for some of you to understand as it is for me to understand snow, but it's NICE to be able to wear socks and sweats for a couple of months of the year - it will only get into the high 70's today. Sort of overcast right now .... makes me feel like singing!

    See? We do have a change of season's ... just takes a little longer!

    BTW, any of you that are planning trips, or living in AZ and NV right now - I know that it must be awesome there right now ... this is when those areas steal the spotlight across the nation. I love those warm days and COLD nights when you wake up and everything is sparkly. I bet the Snow Birds are already on their way.

  2. #2
    speedway
    Guest

    Default

    We have a alaska storm headed our way whens gusting over 40 miles per hour possible rain snow in mountains and it will get down in the high 30's the next 2 days with a high in the 50's. I hate to tell you midwesterns this bad news but it will all come your way and I suppose this will be one you wont like very much. Will only have 2 days then back up to high 70's and low 80's.

    Fred

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Cadillac Tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cicero,Indiana
    Posts
    3,680
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You are correct, your weather is headed our way.
    Bruce

    Life's too short to drive a boring car

  4. #4
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    Noooooooooooooooooooooooo! I want it to stay HERE! It was cool and cloudy all day today - I loved it!

  5. #5
    Pit Crew Little Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bourbonnais, IL
    Posts
    2,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedway View Post
    We have a alaska storm headed our way whens gusting over 40 miles per hour possible rain snow in mountains and it will get down in the high 30's the next 2 days with a high in the 50's. I hate to tell you midwesterns this bad news but it will all come your way and I suppose this will be one you wont like very much. Will only have 2 days then back up to high 70's and low 80's.

    Fred
    Please don't tell us Midwesterns that. That is part of my problem with this cold the weather. We have had soooo much rain I can't take it anymore.
    Beer makes everything better.

    Marion
    Teen
    AKA
    Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, Midwest Marauder Alchol Czar.

  6. #6
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    You have it all and we're on water rationing ... We can only water our lawns every other day, and many people are letting their yards die and replacing the green landscaping with rock and stuff that don't need watering because the water prices are getting ridiculous. Yes, even during the winter we have to water our yards. It is very depressing because as much as I like visiting AZ I don't want CA to start looking like it.

  7. #7
    speedway
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tech View Post
    You are correct, your weather is headed our way.
    The big storm will be tonight in the city we have freeze warnings. Last night on Mt Lemmon (located in Tucson) which is 11000 elevation had winds of 80 miles per hour which are headed your way.

    Fred

  8. #8
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedway View Post
    The big storm will be tonight in the city we have freeze warnings. Last night on Mt Lemmon (located in Tucson) which is 11000 elevation had winds of 80 miles per hour which are headed your way.

    Fred
    The winds that are coming your way are the ones that start in California and sweep down through the mountains and are ones we call the Santa Ana Winds - or Devil Winds. If it is warm, they are the ones that drive the fires in California, always during this time of the year. Well, I guess because the moutains are so dry from lack of rain, if a fire got started the winds could do the same thing. The winds die down as they near the coastlines ... but sometimes I will go outside and the lighter weight patio stuff will be moved around. So far we haven't gotten the winds, but we are getting the colder nights. Humidity drops even lower so everyone complains about chapped lips! (I tell them to just wet them with more wine) ....
    We did not shut the doors last night and when I got up it was 61 in the house. It felt wonderful - gooooooood sleeping weather.
    You know, you all must think I'm nuts, but since your lifestyles are so different from mine, I love reading about what it's like. Because I think to a degree that we live our lives around the elements.
    Have you guys had to "winterize" the XLR's yet?

  9. #9
    Pit Crew Little Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bourbonnais, IL
    Posts
    2,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    The winds that are coming your way are the ones that start in California and sweep down through the mountains and are ones we call the Santa Ana Winds - or Devil Winds. If it is warm, they are the ones that drive the fires in California, always during this time of the year. Well, I guess because the moutains are so dry from lack of rain, if a fire got started the winds could do the same thing. The winds die down as they near the coastlines ... but sometimes I will go outside and the lighter weight patio stuff will be moved around. So far we haven't gotten the winds, but we are getting the colder nights. Humidity drops even lower so everyone complains about chapped lips! (I tell them to just wet them with more wine) ....
    We did not shut the doors last night and when I got up it was 61 in the house. It felt wonderful - gooooooood sleeping weather.
    You know, you all must think I'm nuts, but since your lifestyles are so different from mine, I love reading about what it's like. Because I think to a degree that we live our lives around the elements.
    Have you guys had to "winterize" the XLR's yet?
    Cubby started last weekend. He still has to finish Scarlete V. He takes off her wheels gets her cleaned really good, and polishes her wheels. He did put her cover on but he will finish her up before it gets too cold or the snow starts.
    Beer makes everything better.

    Marion
    Teen
    AKA
    Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, Midwest Marauder Alchol Czar.

  10. #10
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    So, the car goes up on blocks, huh?

  11. #11
    speedway
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    The winds that are coming your way are the ones that start in California and sweep down through the mountains and are ones we call the Santa Ana Winds - or Devil Winds. If it is warm, they are the ones that drive the fires in California, always during this time of the year. Well, I guess because the moutains are so dry from lack of rain, if a fire got started the winds could do the same thing. The winds die down as they near the coastlines ... but sometimes I will go outside and the lighter weight patio stuff will be moved around. So far we haven't gotten the winds, but we are getting the colder nights. Humidity drops even lower so everyone complains about chapped lips! (I tell them to just wet them with more wine) ....
    We did not shut the doors last night and when I got up it was 61 in the house. It felt wonderful - gooooooood sleeping weather.
    You know, you all must think I'm nuts, but since your lifestyles are so different from mine, I love reading about what it's like. Because I think to a degree that we live our lives around the elements.
    Have you guys had to "winterize" the XLR's yet?
    Nop, this storm is caused from the Jet stream dropping from alaska and it is headed east. The winds your talkng about come here in the spring.

    Fred

  12. #12
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedway View Post
    Nop, this storm is caused from the Jet stream dropping from alaska and it is headed east. The winds your talkng about come here in the spring.

    Fred
    Nope .. Here is a quote from the 'net:

    "...i t might get interesting. The National Weather Service is expecting a moderate to strong offshore event. It should be called a Santa Ana, although many people won't think of it as such because it probably won't be warm.
    But forecaster Steve Vanderburg said it could be the strongest Santa Ana of the season, depending on how everything plays out. And before the wind comes, there might even be some rain in it for us, although that's more of a longshot. The one thing we can count on is, it will be cooler.

    This is when San Diego gets the winds, this is our fire season, and those winds drive them. October HERE always has these winds. A few years back we were evacuated from our home because of the fires, and 2 years ago we had one that got my cousin's house - and sometimes the wind comes it's colder and sometimes it's hot winds.

    I don't know about the winds that blow through where you guys are - you're pretty far from us. Today the winds kicked up dust and sand, all the way from Modesto down to Yuma - I even heard that some of the driver's were describing the condition as looking like fog it was so thick.

    Anyway, since nothing lasts for more than 2 days in a row here, at least we have been enjoying the cooler weather!

  13. #13
    Pit Crew Little Woman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bourbonnais, IL
    Posts
    2,583
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    Cubby's, RIII Attendee, Midwest Marauder Alcohol Czar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    So, the car goes up on blocks, huh?
    Yes she doesn't know what snow looks like. She usually doesn't get back out till around April. Unless we get an Indian summer which we haven't had in forever.
    Beer makes everything better.

    Marion
    Teen
    AKA
    Lil' Woman, She Devil, Supa Freak, Banned Devil, Chop Stick Girl, Midwest Marauder Alchol Czar.

  14. #14
    Pit Crew
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    3,393
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cadillac XLR

    2004 Black Raven

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Woman View Post
    Yes she doesn't know what snow looks like. She usually doesn't get back out till around April. Unless we get an Indian summer which we haven't had in forever.
    What exactly is an Indian Summer? Is that a late summer or an early one?

  15. #15
    speedway
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lola's Mom View Post
    Nope .. Here is a quote from the 'net:

    "...i t might get interesting. The National Weather Service is expecting a moderate to strong offshore event. It should be called a Santa Ana, although many people won't think of it as such because it probably won't be warm.
    But forecaster Steve Vanderburg said it could be the strongest Santa Ana of the season, depending on how everything plays out. And before the wind comes, there might even be some rain in it for us, although that's more of a longshot. The one thing we can count on is, it will be cooler.

    This is when San Diego gets the winds, this is our fire season, and those winds drive them. October HERE always has these winds. A few years back we were evacuated from our home because of the fires, and 2 years ago we had one that got my cousin's house - and sometimes the wind comes it's colder and sometimes it's hot winds.

    I don't know about the winds that blow through where you guys are - you're pretty far from us. Today the winds kicked up dust and sand, all the way from Modesto down to Yuma - I even heard that some of the driver's were describing the condition as looking like fog it was so thick.

    Anyway, since nothing lasts for more than 2 days in a row here, at least we have been enjoying the cooler weather!
    The winds have gone and our on there way to the midwest. Its very cold here tonight. Ingrid and I will have to snuggle if the dog will let us.

    Fred

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Cadillac, XLR and XLR-V are registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Cadillac Motor Division.  Neither Cadillac Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for XLR-Net.com content, comments, or advertising. XLR-Net.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.  All Rights Reserved