Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2004 XLR wanna "V"

Wife's XLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2016 ATS-V Coupe; 2004 XLR
2004 XLR wanna "V"-2 threads with pics

I just finished updating my wife's "new" recently purchased and it went from a base XLR to what I call a "XLR wanna V"... when i started the interior was completely black with a stock grille, hood, wheels and rear bumper.

After 3 months working with the local Cadillac dealership, all of the GM Parts companies on-line and Dale Sale(another XLR member) where I was able to buy a lot of used parts in very good condition, this is what "wanna V" now looks like........

i use stock XLR mats from Lloyd's for every day driving and use show mats when showing the car.

Attachments

• 20170926_174222.jpg
    20170926_174222.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 551
  • 20170926_174216.jpg
    20170926_174216.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 528406161.jpg
    528406161.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 552
  • 20171103_150242.jpg
    20171103_150242.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 562
  • 20171103_150221.jpg
    20171103_150221.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 549
  • 20171103_150238.jpg
    20171103_150238.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 600
Last edited:
Awesome job , I really like the V hood .. I have been looking for one for mine also , I was curious as to what wheels youre running .. ( size rims ) I also like the exhaust tips too .. great looking X ..

XLR Improvements

Awesome job , I really like the V hood .. I have been looking for one for mine also , I was curious as to what wheels youre running .. ( size rims ) I also like the exhaust tips too .. great looking X ..

The V hood I purchased thru the local Cadillac dealer and I never asked where he got it from other than it was new. He did say the hood was make of fiberglass so I'm thinking it could be aftermarket but again I don't know much about construction material of OEM parts for an XLR. Also not sure assuming it wasn't sheet metal if it was made of fiberglass or like the new Corvettes of today, Composite.

The wheels I purchased from WCC, West Coast Corvettes, and they are 8.5" X 18", all 4 of them which enables me to rotates the tires. They are aftermarket copies of the OEM Chevy Corvette wheel from the 2011 Corvette Centennial package. I didn't buy this car for a souped-up hotrod look but to enjoy it's uniqueness and like the older Caddy's, to enjoy cruising around in it. The fact that it's so different today is really cool. Some people asking my wife and I what year is it and after we tell them it's an '04, they sometimes exclaim Really, I thought it was a new car!!!

As far as the exhaust tips go, that is part of the bumper itself. Apparently you have to buy an '09 XLRV bumper that is part of the Platinum option and the bumper is made different along the lower part of it and the exhaust tips are part of that "remake". Again, I asked the Cadillac dealer to get me on and of course the tips came with the bumper so I didn't get into the parts breakdown.
Sorry about that.

Hope this helps,

Sal

Interior

Interior LOOKS GREAT! good job!

Hey, hi Dr. Dan, thanks so much Looking back I think I really got lucky to find all the interior parts I needed from Dale Sale who just happened to get hold of an XLR that had been just totaled out in a frontal car crash. All the Shale interior parts where just sitting there for the pickings and I just happened to get to him before it had been picked over, not to mention all the interior roof pieces. Certain items I just wanted new, i.e. seat covers, steering wheel, console lid, gear shifter knob, carpet, dash top, sun visors(I'm still looking for a new driver's side sun visor...It's like trying to find a rear tail lamp for the XLR), and since the whole interior was apart, I decided to put in all new speakers...surprisingly, they weren't as expensive as you might think.
Anyway, besides the sun visor with Home Link, the only other part I'm I still can't replace/find is the trim around the console shifter plate. You know, that thin metal substance that dents when you look at it too hard-lol.

But thanks again for the compliments, I am overall very pleased who it all turned out in a relative short period of time.

Ciao for now,

Sal

Thanks for all of the info .. I found your wheel sizes .. from other threads , I will look into the rear bumper for mine ... I have been looking for the V hood ... the search continues .. :)

XLR HOOD

Thanks for all of the info .. I found your wheel sizes .. from other threads , I will look into the rear bumper for mine ... I have been looking for the V hood ... the search continues .. :)

i talked to the manager of the department at my local Cadillac Dealer who did my interior, front grille and hood and rear bumper about your search for an XLR Hood. He said for you to give him a call and he should help you out.
His contact info is: 727-790-7070(dealership), ask to speak to Shaun Stoger is Aspire(department within the dealership), and then you'll either get him or his answering machine. In either case, mention that I (Sal) spoke to him about you looking for an XLR and I was to have you call him...I'm sure he'll either give you the company's name he purchased it from and you can order it direct or maybe work it out where you're dealership can order for you...( i know some OEM items can only be purchased by a dealership and maybe that will be your only option). :dunno:
In any event, good luck with your search and hope this helps, :thumbsup

Regards,

Wife's XLR/ Sal :wave:

Perhaps you could just buy a 2009 base (they were all platinum trim) hood, same as the V hood. I just checked GMpartsdirect.com, came up as able to order. Something to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps you could just buy a 2009 base (they were all platinum trim) hood, same as the V hood. I just checked GMpartsdirect.com, came up as able to order. Something to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome ! .. I just looked at the website .. big thanks ! ... I want to get the wheels and tires on first .. and after that I will get into the hood ... I have saved the site in my favorites .. :thumbsup

XLR-V Hood

Awesome ! .. I just looked at the website .. big thanks ! ... I want to get the wheels and tires on first .. and after that I will get into the hood ... I have saved the site in my favorites .. :thumbsup

I just checked GM Parts Direct.com and it would seem that a good way to go...the part # I found is....GM 25982701 :thumbsup

I wish I had known that last August...live and learn, right? :dunno:

Good luck!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry