Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

For Sale 2005 XLR Base Shale/Shale

Use this thread prefix to post for sale items.

dyates

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Shale/Shale
My father-in-law was a senior executive with General Motors. He left this car to me when he died a couple of years ago. I can't justify keeping it because even though I love it, I don't get enough time to drive it. We are in Cincinnati, Oh. 49,442 miles. Great condition and beautiful car. Anyone interested?

It would help any of us that might be interested if you list some pictures, condition and what you wany to get out of it.

It would help any of us that might be interested if you list some pictures, condition and what you wany to get out of it.
Sure. Sorry. New here. Wanting $20k for it. It's in great shape and everything works well. I took a close up of the only significant blemish. My daughter clipped the garage backing it out (may she rest in peace...kidding) and there are 2 small cracks in the fiberglass on the front driver side quarter panel.

Attachments

• IMG_5936.jpg
    IMG_5936.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5937.jpg
    IMG_5937.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5938.jpg
    IMG_5938.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5939.jpg
    IMG_5939.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5940.jpg
    IMG_5940.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5941.jpg
    IMG_5941.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5942.jpg
    IMG_5942.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Ok, there doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest in this car which honestly surprises me a bit. It is such a nice car in great condition. Any feedback? Anyone want to let me know why interest might be low?

To be honest if you research your asking price is closer to what 06-07 are bringing. People list them for high prices but the ones that change money for 04-05 are closer to 14-15k. From what ive seen.

To be honest if you research your asking price is closer to what 06-07 are bringing. People list them for high prices but the ones that change money for 04-05 are closer to 14-15k. From what ive seen.
Fair enough. I'm not an expert on these cars. Like I have indicated, I inherited the car and don't have anything invested in it. I will sell this car for $14k or best offer by the end of March. Like I said, everything works beautifully. I drove it to the golf course tonight. Anything less than $14k doesn't make sense. I might as well keep it and enjoy it. Let me know if anyone is interested.

A good place to.look is at bat auctions. Cars there seem to be the best of those out tgere and their selling fees are not that high. You can look and compare the condition of these cars with yours. Most have had a 3-500 detail and paint correction done to them to hide any flaws. I watch sever auctions including wrecked cars that show the values the insurance companies actuall pay as a cash value for the cars. You will need to work at posting on several locations to attract buyers. Forums usually are for people who have bought them already and looking to keep them going.

The used car market has collapsed. Banks tend not to lend today due to the age of the vehicle and interest rates, etc. $14K is a great price for your car. I just bought a 2005 XLR, like yours, w/41K miles for a little over $15k. Bring-a-Trailer WOULD be a good outlet for you.

Bottom line, in my opinion, the price is probably a little low, you need to find a a customer with GREAT credit or a cash buyer and paying for good detail work will help you move the car. If you are willing to pick a buyer up at the airport may also help.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom