Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cheap china mag shocks

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
Has anyone bought these cheap eBay aftermarket shocks? They show to have a set of 4 for under 1000$. However they show the same shocks for all xlr and corvettes. I know for a fact several of these years do not interchange. The valving on corvette rears are totally different than the xlr. Some of the fronts do interchange. Im sure they have picked a middle of the road setting but wonder if anyone actually has installed them? If they work that will be a great price.

link?

I really don't want to promote them but they are listed by several China companies on eBay and amazon. Same shocks sold under 3 or four name brands. listed as fitting Corvette and xlr

Has anyone bought these cheap eBay aftermarket shocks? They show to have a set of 4 for under 1000$. However they show the same shocks for all xlr and corvettes. I know for a fact several of these years do not interchange. The valving on corvette rears are totally different than the xlr. Some of the fronts do interchange. Im sure they have picked a middle of the road setting but wonder if anyone actually has installed them? If they work that will be a great price.
I've been waiting for someone to try as well. I happened across the manufacturer a month or three ago, but they were not listing XLRs at that time and had no US distribution. Just having them available is encouraging.

Still dont see anyone in the us selling them. All the companies listing are shipping from china so the two year warranty will be pretty much worthless. Been reading the vette sites but have not seen any feedback there. Another part just now being made in china is the variable timing valve. Right now the only ones available are used but someone started making them in china.i did read they are failing on a caddilac site for the sts as there are a lot more of them out there needing the part.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom