Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

installing 2009 fender grills on 2008

mickeytee

Seasoned Member
got my grills, The fenders do have to be cut out to install as we knew. I will provide a template if anyone else wants to do this mod. I think they will look good on my white o8 as it need a little something. Along with the 09 front bumper and one day I will do the rear bumper or either make a custom rear defuser. However something appears wrong with my new GM fender trim. What do you guys think? DSCN5318.jpgDSCN5317.jpg

one looks longer than the other ... i'm sure gm meant it to be that way ;)
btw kudos for sticking with xlr-net
i readily admit i was extremely critical when you first arrived.
your recent posts have shown you are committed to the car we all love,
and your contributions are an asset.
thanks for sticking around.
are you sure you want to slice into the fenders for these grilles ?
i cant recall if they are functional or not...
jury is split 50/50 on wether they are an aesthetic improvement.
and if the car will ever become a classic, non original body mods wont be an asset.
personally i really prefer the clean line of the fender without the grille.
was one of the reasons i didnt buy an 09 !
that and i really wanted the purple 07 or 08...

thanks

People will find they don't always agree with me but I do not mean to be negative ,which sometimes what I think I said , does not come out the same way when you read it. HAHA. If anyone ever has a problem with me just call and they will find out I am a decent guy.
I got thse to tape on and look and make sure before I cut the fenders. I also have a widebody kit I am looking for the right wreck to install.. My car is white and I think it needs a little somethin on the side and since I am doing the 09 front bumper I think this will match.
They are the same size by the way. Something else looks wrong to me. By the way I am working on a repair for the cup holder hinge and also a latch for the cd compartment. Both seem to break.

got my grills, The fenders do have to be cut out to install as we knew. I will provide a template if anyone else wants to do this mod. I think they will look good on my white o8 as it need a little something. Along with the 09 front bumper and one day I will do the rear bumper or either make a custom rear defuser. However something appears wrong with my new GM fender trim. What do you guys think?

GM logo is sideways. Don't know if that is how they came or not, have not been around an 09 to notice

You got it.

GM logo is sideways. Don't know if that is how they came or not, have not been around an 09 to notice
Makes no sense to me unless when you are laying on the ground you want it to look correct. MAybe someone else can let me know if theirs are the same or what I suppose they should be, Readable while standing. HAHA

they must be a separate little chicklet...
so could pop them off and rotate ?
stick back on with double sided tape ?
must have been assembled by some 3rd world kid who doesnt know what way letters are supposed to go ;)
or somebodies idea of a joke...

they must be a separate little chicklet...
so could pop them off and rotate ?
stick back on with double sided tape ?
must have been assembled by some 3rd world kid who doesnt know what way letters are supposed to go ;)
or somebodies idea of a joke...
haha, Yes , its a simple fix. but should not have to. I noticed on a couple of others that the people left them that way but on the factory car they are placed correctly.
I will place the mcorrectly

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back