Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Looking for the latest Western US Navigation Disc

Hal-in-Prescott

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Platinum
When I bought my 2009 XLR a month or so ago, it had the Eastern US Navigation disc in the player. I live in the western USA. I know these maps are quite dated and have limited use. Still, I would like to see my local POI. Anyone have a western US disc they are willing to part with? Or, anyone want to trade a western US navigation disc for my eastern disc? Thanks. Hal

I can't see where/how to remove this request. I no longer need the nav disc because I decided to get a new, aftermarket radio/entertainment system. I really wanted to get an Apple CarPlay interface, which will allow me to use the Apple (or Google) map system. I have that same functionality in my 2016 Corvette and also added the same in my 04 Escalade. Hope it works out in the XLR. Thanks, all

May i ask what system did u put in? I'm looking to put one in with carplay. plus did u do it yourself. Bill

May i ask what system did u put in? I'm looking to put one in with carplay. plus did u do it yourself. Bill

Great product. Looks great and works perfectly with CarPlay. I
Cadillac-XLR-New-Radio 003.JPG
t did require replacing the center dash bezel (they all do) but the black one looks fine in the car. I did not do it myself. I had it done by the professionals. All in, including the center bezel, XM Radio module, and adapters to maintain steering controls, was about $1,600.

Wow, that does look nice. I was looking at the Kenwood. Haven’t decided Which way to go yet? I did order a plug-in one that sits on the dash, will have to decide if I like it or not should arrive tomorrow. Thanks for getting back Bill.

I just looked up that part number and Best Buy. Has some for sale. For 349 and thats free insulation. Guess I can’t pass a deal up like that.

I also put a new audio but did not like the black Metra frame took out the aftermarket and found a SRX radio and 6 disk kept the audio and replaced the gps and 6 disk bought a BT-45 vette now have bluetooth and still OEM, Used the after market in my 05 dodge dakota. As far as up dated maps you can use Toyota disks but with out voice commands.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom