Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Wanted Seatbelt trim piece

Looking for a particular item to buy or trade, use this prefix to post your thread.

Bill S.

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 V, Raven Black with Shale interior
Hey,

There is a small trim part that is on the behind the seat cabin bolster where the driver side seat belt goes into. ( I believe the seatbelt retract mechaism is back there) What I am looking for is a little plastic part that the seatbelt goes through it................. that piece snaps into the rear bolster. I need that part , if anyone can help out.

Bill

Hi Bill,

It is not a separate piece. You will have to order the whole seatbelt assembly. I just purchased a new one in shale from SMC. I also need to change the rear valence, which houses the rear storage bin. The main issue I'm facing is the removal of the roll hoops behind the headrest. I haven't seen anything on the internet except for the parts schematic from Cadillac, which are just drawings and are not much help. I will update everyone once I'm done, as I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this seemingly daunting task !

Hi Gord, I figured out the rollover hoop removal by myself. The covering material was original, so I had to work it slowly to expose the T50 Torx bolts for removal. After that, the rest was a piece of cake. Thanks for the video !

Hi Bill,

It is not a separate piece. You will have to order the whole seatbelt assembly. I just purchased a new one in shale from SMC. I also need to change the rear valence, which houses the rear storage bin. The main issue I'm facing is the removal of the roll hoops behind the headrest. I haven't seen anything on the internet except for the parts schematic from Cadillac, which are just drawings and are not much help. I will update everyone once I'm done, as I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this seemingly daunting task !
1. Power operate the folding top system to the fully down and stored position.
2. Position the roof bar tube trim up by grasping the outer trim material and moving up while twisting the trim back and forth.
3. Remove the retaining bolt foam plugs from the roof bar tube.
4. Remove the retaining bolts from the tube assembly.
5. Remove the roof bar tube. Lift up to disengage the tube from the tube receiver.

Good Morning MPRCTCL and thanks for the response. I figured it out, but since the material on the rollover hoops were original, it required some tedious manipulating of the outer trim material. The rest was piece of cake.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom