2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR: Service Bulletin: #PIC3916D: Various Roof Concerns Header May Not Latch Displays MID Position On Tech2
#PIC3916D: Various Roof Concerns Header May Not Latch Displays MID Position On Tech2 - keywords calibration compartment connection connector control convertible folding hydraulic inop inoperative learn loose - (Jan 6, 2009)
|Subject:||Various Roof Concerns Header May Not Latch Displays MID Position On Tech2|
|Models:||2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR models|
This PI was superseded to include information about Connector C433 and additional symptoms. Please discard PIC3916C.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Some customers may comment on any or several of the following concerns:
- Roof header may not latch or unlatch.
- Roof header may not latch but will unlatch.
- Header latch will display MID on the Tech2 (This concern can be intermittent and may be the result of loose connector(s) at the solenoid control valve(s) of the hydraulic pump).
- The Header Latch or Front Tonneau may move in a direction opposite of what was expected.
- Decklid and Top Panel may contact each other during top operation.
- Unable to successfully complete the Folding Top Learn Procedure.
Note: The Folding Top Learn Procedure will not complete if the Header Latch reads MID on the Tech 2. The roof will stop at mid-cycle.
Locate the hydraulic pump in the rear compartment. Inspect the solenoid connectors on the hydraulic pump and ensure the connectors are fully seated. If after inspecting the solenoid valve connectors you did not resolve the issue, and then inspect C433 for an open or high resistance.
Note: The solenoid control valve connectors may be knocked loose during service or replacement of the hydraulic pump or nearby components.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.