2004 - 2009 Cadillac XLR: Service Bullletin: #07-08-57-003A: Waterleak in Trunk When Parked on Hill/Incline
#07-08-57-003A: Waterleak in Trunk When Parked on Hill/Incline (Apply Adhesive Shim Stock) - (Oct 14, 2008)
|Subject:||Waterleak in Trunk When Parked On Hill/Incline (Apply Adhesive Shim Stock)|
|Models:||2004-2009 Cadillac XLR|
This bulletin is being revised to add the 2009 model year. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-08-57-003 (Section 08 — Body & Accessories).
Some customers may comment on water in the trunk after a rain when the car was parked on a hill/incline (front wheels 102-127 mm [4-5 in] higher than the rear wheels).
This condition may be caused by a dip in the two bond joints in the trunk inner panel.
1. Clean the shaded area shown in the first illustration above. Apply a small amount of weatherstrip adhesive to the center of the two bond joints. Refer to the second illustration above.
2. Cut the Kent Automotive Adhesive Shim Stock, P/N 46475, to the dimensions shown in the illustration.
3. Pull back the adhesive paper protector near the notches and bond the notch together with weatherstrip adhesive
4. Insert the foam at each corner. Be sure to place it against the deck lid inner, following the ridge.
- 5. Use a pair of scissors to trim off excess foam to the edge of the deck lid inner.
- 6. Verify the repair by water testing with the vehicle on an incline (front wheels 102-127 mm [4-5 in] higher than the rear wheels).
- Parts Information
Adhesive Back Shim Stock can be purchased by calling 1-888-YES KENT (1-888-937-5368) or online at www.kent-automotive.com. This foam is sold in 50 foot rolls. This roll will service seven vehicles. Please return any unused portion to parts inventory for future use.
Adhesive Back Shim Stock (11/4” X 1/8”)