Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

48th Annual Big Sky Corvette Meet - Missoula, MT

MrObnoxus

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR NM #33
I know of one XLR that is going to a Corvette Meet this year!

This year the Hellgate Corvette Club is hosting the Big Sky meet in beautiful Missoula, Montana.

Okay so she will be following our 1976 Corvette driven by my son, but she will get to experience all the fun and beauty of Western Montana. We always try to go when the tour hits the west side of the state (which is only 2 places, Missoula and Whitefish).

I know of one XLR that is going to a Corvette Meet this year!

This year the Hellgate Corvette Club is hosting the Big Sky meet in beautiful Missoula, Montana.

Okay so she will be following our 1976 Corvette driven by my son, but she will get to experience all the fun and beauty of Western Montana. We always try to go when the tour hits the west side of the state (which is only 2 places, Missoula and Whitefish).

Hi Mr. O. I’m a Missoula XLR owner. Can you tell me when the caravan plans to come through town? I’d like to join the fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A quick Internet search answers all: Memorial Day weekend. For more information, follow this link here.

I didn't realize we had a local corvette club. Nice.

MGibson,

Yes you have several in the area, 7 all together who take turns every year hosting the statewide meet. My favorite club is the Funseekers Corvette and Yacht Club in Whitefish. I've been a member at large since the late 80's. They have a great club and when they host the meet, it is the best in my humble opinion.

They don't yet know that I'm bringing their distant cousin yet. I'm hoping they don't take offense (I'm pretty sure they won't). I don't know if they'll allow us to participate in the events in an official capacity. I'm pretty sure they'll let us go along but we won't be able to "win" any of the events.

Nonetheless, it will be fun and yes, Memorial Day Weekend is the time of this meet every year. Hope to see you there.

Looking forward to Thursday when I take Genevieve to Montana and meet all her cousins. She gave me a bit of trouble with the trunk lid not wanting to operate properly but a quick (albeit expensive) trip to my nearest Cadillac Dealer fixed her issue (relearned). Now it's time to get her cleaned up and ready for the 1100+ mile trip!

Hope you have better luck than I have had. The Corvette clubs around here (north Texas) are pretty much, "Thank you for your interest, but drop dead!" when I inquire about joining their activities.

Hope you have better luck than I have had. The Corvette clubs around here (north Texas) are pretty much, "Thank you for your interest, but drop dead!" when I inquire about joining their activities.

That sums it up alright with most Vet clubs/ activities!!!

I've been attending the Big Sky Meets since 2004. This time I had my son drive my 76 Corvette and a friend from work with his 2016 joined in the weekend.
20190523_084509.jpg

I'm a member at large of the Funseekers Corvette and Yacht Club of Whitefish, MT so I knew a few folks that were going to be there. They were glad to see me and for the most part I attended all the events I wanted to participate in less the Show and Shine which they clearly said was "Corvette's Only". I understood so I parked her outside of the main event.

It was raining that morning so there wasn't much activity going on there anyways so I headed back to the hotel and waited for the road trip to the Daly Mansion. I'm sure there were some in the crowd that didn't appreciate me being there but there were also some very nice folks who really enjoyed getting to know the car and her background. I was amazed at how many people do not know the origins of the XLR!

Sunday, we headed out on a Poker Run to Helmsville on a nice 150 mile drive east of Missoula in some range land with some nice twisty roads. Rain was present again but not too bad to ruin the day.
20190526_121317.jpg

Monday we headed out of town and stayed the night in Wallace, ID
20190527_183139.jpg

Headed home Tuesday morning with a pitstop in Othello, WA to see #76 Neiman Marcus who we discovered at the meet! It's something to see an XLR but another to see a twin to your own!
20190528_124830.jpg

All in all a good time.

Attachments

• 20190527_183149.jpg
    20190527_183149.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 268

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors