Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

another addition to the garage...

b_pappy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR
I had been looking for a while, finally found this beautiful original owner 1964 Corvette. It was delivered in late '63 and the woman owned it until she died. Not perfect, but very nice. I'll update more as we progress with it.
Bruce
101.jpg

Absolutely stunning... a very fine addition, indeed! Notable mention to the interior of your garage ; )

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice addition!

Makes a nice garage mate to the XLR.

We'll be looking forward to seeing more pictures.

My XLR shares the garage with my 66 GTO and 76 El Camino.

It's nice to have a choice!

Maybe we'll come up and see her sometime .... Bob's is calling our name ... ;) Very beautiful ...

Very nice find, Bruce!! Have fun with her, I love the color!!:)

I had been looking for a while, finally found this beautiful original owner 1964 Corvette. It was delivered in late '63 and the woman owned it until she died. Not perfect, but very nice. I'll update more as we progress with it.
Bruce
101.jpg

Bruce: It sure is sweet!!!!!!! Nice ride and like that color to, but proably won't handle like the newer ones?
But so is that floor can you tell me what used on it I tried the garage floor paint and sprinkle on the flakes as you go while it is wet from Lowes (which looks just like yours) but came off on the hot tires where I park. I even used (3 Coats) of a clear concrete top coat sealer. Still have bare concrete where the tires stay when parked. :dunno:
:wave: Caddyman Dan :wave:

But so is that floor can you tell me what used on it I tried the garage floor paint and sprinkle on the flakes as you go while it is wet from Lowes (which looks just like yours) but came off on the hot tires where I park. I even used (3 Coats) of a clear concrete top coat sealer. Still have bare concrete where the tires stay when parked. :dunno:

Probably too late for you, but let me put this out. Before I built my new house about 5 years ago, I researched the garage floor coating options. What I found was that if you wanted to avoid what they refer to as "Hot tire pickup", you have to go with a product made by U-Coat-It that is referred to as AF. It is a top coat that provides resistance to solvents and absolutely prevents "Hot tire pickup".

Here is a link to UCoatit

UCoat It Epoxy Floor Coating

I have seen some nice looking floors that were coated with products purchased from Home Depot or Lowes, but I have been told that they were not very solvent resistant and had the "HTP" problem.

I coated all of my garage floors (5 bays) with the UCoatIt product and over 4 years later, not a hint of problem with oil, gas or solvent exposure or HTP. My wife parks her car in one of the bays and is in and out every day with no hint of a problem. The XLR and my other cars certainly don't go in and out nearly that often, and show no signs of a problem either.

Here's a photo of my "lower garage" after all the coatings were applied and before the cars came in.

MVC-005S.jpg

Here is a close-up photo of the floor under the XLR.

MVC-007F-2.jpg

The UCoatIt product is more expensive than the products sold at Lowes or Home Depot, but in my opinion, it is worth it!

We had our floor done with the tri-color chips .... we did not do it ourselves ... it is almost 6 years old. We don't have hot tire issues with it, but it gets so much wear that the epoxy finish thins in places. It definetly needs to be maintained every few years ...

What is the "194" on your wheel well???? Is that painted on???

What is the "194" on your wheel well???? Is that painted on???

It's white grease pencil. I took that photo and posted it a while back to see if anyone could shed any light on it's origin. No one was able to offer any information about it. Here is a link to that thread : https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlr-general-discussion-32/significance-number-4253/

Crimson Pearl had not ever been driven in the rain prior to the time that I purchased her, so I suspect that "194" marking may have been some type of inventory or sequence number at the factory.

It would be interesting to know what it means. I have decided to leave it there!

WOW! :rocker: I really love the floors how clean & new they look! I am going to call and see if I need to strip off the old paint first or if I can coat over top (that would be nice) I don't think it will be that easy, with owning a janitorial biz I have swing machine equipment and such to strip it if I would need to. Just seams like a nightmare for a 2 car garage! I will need to wait to the cement is warmer to paint. I would think :dunno: being cold would not dry or cure like it should. Caddyman Dan :wave:

Thanks for the nice words on the car and the garage. I need a garage like Crimson Pearl has. I had the garage done by Garage Envy, they did the floors and cabinets. Custom contractor did the walls and shadow box for my die-cast.
Bruce

Bruce: It sure is sweet!!!!!!! Nice ride and like that color to, but proably won't handle like the newer ones?
:wave: Caddyman Dan :wave:

OUTSTANDING!!!!!

Back when I was growing up, every red-blooded American boy wanted to grow up and have a Corvette and a Harley Davidson! And those second generation Corvettes were the ones we dreamed about!

I love the color! It looks very simular to the top color on my 66 GTO, which is called Martinique Bronze. I have 2 older vehicles in my collection, and they each have a unique feel to them. A good friend of mine (of over 30 years) had a nice 65 Corvette Roadster for many years and I spent quite a bit of time in the passenger seat, and even a little time in the driver's seat as well!

Congratulations again on your new addition! I would be thrilled to find one like it in my garage!

Can we see some more pictures?

Come on up, just call first. It would be great to see you both again.
Bruce
:lol: 'Can't promise to call first ... we sort of fly (drive) by the seat of our pants .... I will call you from Bob's Big Boy though and maybe you could drive that beauty through .... :wave:

107.jpg

106.jpg

Okay Ruth Ann, if you drive up this far we will do what we can to make the other 12 miles to Bob's.
Still working on getting this one purring. Interior is really clean, those are shadows in the picture. When was the last time you saw that type AC unit?
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back