Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Another Coyote!!!

Lola's Mom

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven
Hopefully you will see a new member posting soon ..... She will be posting under the name "Coyote" ..... not to be confused with our Coyote Karen who earned her nickname in TX :D

This Coyote is a really nice looking young woman that was filling the tank of her (I think she said '05) silver XLR at the local ARCO while we were filling the Escalade .... I just couldn't stop myself from approaching the car when I saw it was being driven by a woman ... there are so few of us who lay claim to them being 'ours' ... ;)

Anyway, although she said she was actually considering selling hers I thought maybe we could convince her to do just one run with us so that she could enjoy the full thrill of being an XLR owner ...

So ---- Welcome Coyote ...... so happy to have met you! Maybe we could go to lunch one day after the holidays and show our beauties off!

I noticed her as a new member... checked her page (I ALWAYS check new members to see where they're from). Noticed she was from San Diego... almost PM'd you to let you know about the "other" XLR owner in your area. Should have known... :pat::pat:... you found her first...

Rod ..... she seems like she'd just fit right in .... I hope she decides to come online .... :rocker:

What a recruiter -- that is cool! Hard to do since you rarely see XLR's, much less sitting still AND with their owner around.

I saw a black '08 at the dealer for service and seriously considered dropping some info about this site in it, as the owner was gone. Didn't do it though as I wasn't sure that would go over too well. But I'd love to have a few more people closer to my area on the forum! :D

And this is interesting: "when I saw it was being driven by a woman ... there are so few of us who lay claim to them being 'ours' ... ;)" When I had mine in a small local car show, it was mostly women who were really interested in it (or at least expressed their interest). Not what I would have expected and maybe a little opposite of this forum.

....And this is interesting: "when I saw it was being driven by a woman ... there are so few of us who lay claim to them being 'ours' ... ;)" When I had mine in a small local car show, it was mostly women who were really interested in it (or at least expressed their interest). Not what I would have expected and maybe a little opposite of this forum.

Me ...
LinSue
Quinn
Batgirl
One Blue Bunny (Jean's Zoo)
Dallas Doll (no longer participates, but I'm still in touch w/her)
Grey Toad
Passion Diva (sold hers)

I think those are the only woman owners I know .... well, with my terrble memory I'm sure I've missed a couple ...

Of course woman love the car .... we also love the men who drive them ;)

By the way .... I have had a couple of messages from her - but I think she needs a little encouragement to post her hello ... ;)

I saw a recent episode on HGTV called "Home Strange Home" and there was a home in the hills of San Diego that they had a Xenon Blue XLR in the garage. Got good views of it. The garage had a turntable in it to turn the car around so you never had to back out.

I saw a recent episode on HGTV called "Home Strange Home" and there was a home in the hills of San Diego that they had a Xenon Blue XLR in the garage. Got good views of it. The garage had a turntable in it to turn the car around so you never had to back out.

Just like the Batcave? :cool:

Jeez, 'wish I'd seen that episode ... there is a blue that we have seen maybe twice in the last 2 years - a female was driving it .... I'm going to guess that the home is built just east of where I live .... I love it ... yeah, a Bat Cave .... I can't tell you how many times people have said that Lola looks like the Bat Mobile ... ;)

BTW ... Ray thinks the house is on Mt. Helix .... you know Marc, the mountain in east county with the cross on the top.

I never got past the word Arco. Seriously?
Anyhow, good to see you Ruth Ann, I just don't post much here, but check in occasionally.
Bruce

I never got past the word Arco. Seriously?
Anyhow, good to see you Ruth Ann, I just don't post much here, but check in occasionally.
Bruce

Ohh, Bruce ... yep, ARCO since the day I bought the car .... also PepBoys for oil changes and Discount Tire for the wheels ... Premium care was fine under the Certification, but 2 years ago when I needed brakes, off to Pep Boys .... When I found out that I needed tires, I found out that the Cadillac dealer did not have the equipment to mount tires and drove them over to Discount themselves .... I also found out that they were taking the car thru a brushless carwash because they didn't have a dedicated bay to clean cars after servicing .... Lola's no sissy. The problems we have had are never engine related ... we still need to replace relay 44 ... my problems have been battery drainage .... 3 in 5 years.

Links on HGTV Show

I was watching HGTV with my daughter and her husband on Thanksgiving evening when the HGTV show aired. Really unique homes and as they were touring the ground floor the show's host stated: there is a really steep driveway so to make it easier to exit, the owner installed turntables for the cars. The show's host sat in the XLR and said this is great. He was definitely talking about the XLR and the rotating turntable.

Here are the links:
Home Strange Home : Chris Grundy : Home & Garden Television
WELCOME TO ROTATINGHOME.COM
HouseSmarts "Rotating House" Act 3 Episode 107 - YouTube

The 2nd link shows the XLR in front of the house.
Unfortunately this video has a Lexus on the turntable.

For the engineers in the forum, some very neat concepts in the house design.

I was watching HGTV with my daughter and her husband on Thanksgiving evening when the HGTV show aired. Really unique homes and as they were touring the ground floor the show's host stated: there is a really steep driveway so to make it easier to exit, the owner installed turntables for the cars. The show's host sat in the XLR and said this is great. He was definitely talking about the XLR and the rotating turntable.

Here are the links:
Home Strange Home : Chris Grundy : Home & Garden Television
WELCOME TO ROTATINGHOME.COM
HouseSmarts "Rotating House" Act 3 Episode 107 - YouTube

The 2nd link shows the XLR in front of the house.
Unfortunately this video has a Lexus on the turntable.

For the engineers in the forum, some very neat concepts in the house design.

Great links ... the guy (Mr Fix It) in the 3rd link, is a guy I went to high school with (we were in choir together). He is all over Chicago television.

Thanks for posting. :cool:

Thanks for posting the links ... because you did I was actually able to find the house .... here is the Zillow link ....

Rotating Home - Zillow

This property before the economy took a dive was only for the wealthy ... now it is listed for under 1MIL ..... it's a beautiful mountain right in the middle of the city of La Mesa on Mount Helix where a white cross is and things like Easter Services are celebrated there ... the streets that run off of the main road are like 'lane' roads ... or driveways that just drop down the slope or up a slope ... very pretty, lots of foilage .... but the many of the streets are one way in and one way out ... If you look down in that valley behind the house where the mountains are ... that's my house, haha (no really, that's true.... I live in that valley)!

Ohh, Bruce ... yep, ARCO since the day I bought the car .... also PepBoys for oil changes and Discount Tire for the wheels ... Premium care was fine under the Certification, but 2 years ago when I needed brakes, off to Pep Boys .... When I found out that I needed tires, I found out that the Cadillac dealer did not have the equipment to mount tires and drove them over to Discount themselves .... I also found out that they were taking the car thru a brushless carwash because they didn't have a dedicated bay to clean cars after servicing .... Lola's no sissy. The problems we have had are never engine related ... we still need to replace relay 44 ... my problems have been battery drainage .... 3 in 5 years.
Yeah, I just another battery, and I use a battery tender. Not happy, but at least I got 3 years out of it.
Good to see you Ruth Ann, Hi to Ray.
Hi to the new Coyote too (just to get back on topic)
Bruce

Me ...
LinSue
Quinn
Batgirl
One Blue Bunny (Jean's Zoo)
Dallas Doll (no longer participates, but I'm still in touch w/her)
Grey Toad
Passion Diva (sold hers)

I think those are the only woman owners I know .... well, with my terrble memory I'm sure I've missed a couple ...

Of course woman love the car .... we also love the men who drive them ;)

FYI:
Graytoad.......one word not two, spelled Gray like our last name. This pen name goes way back when I first got an email address in the early 80's. My daughter Erin was a baby (28 yrs old now and a mother of her own baby) & her nic-name was Toadie and when I could not use SGray I opted for graytoad. :)

Anyway, a meeting of the female enthusiasts could be a blast! Imagine 8 shining XLR's roaring up a twisting road, one after the other, eventually pulling into a parking lot, 8 beautiful women climbing out of those 8 stunning XLR's and sauntering onto a patio bar on a beautiful sunny day........would draw quite alot of attention............. don't you think! :worship:

FYI:
Graytoad.......one word not two, spelled Gray like our last name. This pen name goes way back when I first got an email address in the early 80's. My daughter Erin was a baby (28 yrs old now and a mother of her own baby) & her nic-name was Toadie and when I could not use SGray I opted for graytoad. :) ...

My bad ... sorry.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back