Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Battery tray

ajmarks1

My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr platinum
Has anyone replaced a battery tray in the XLR? Is this a difficult job to perform? My tray is missing the bottom nut to receive the hold down clamp bolt and the battery is only held in place by the cables.

I tried to remove mine but was unable. Once you remove the battery there's a square hole in the bottom of the battery tray. On the vertical sides of the square hole are 4 bolts. I removed the 4 bolts but the tray wouldn't lift off of the mounting base. I didn't see anything else holding the tray in but it wouldn't lift out. I was afraid to force it for fear of breaking the plastic.

Hopefully one of the forum members that operate salvage yards can advise.

I tried to remove mine but was unable. Once you remove the battery there's a square hole in the bottom of the battery tray. On the vertical sides of the square hole are 4 bolts. I removed the 4 bolts but the tray wouldn't lift off of the mounting base. I didn't see anything else holding the tray in but it wouldn't lift out. I was afraid to force it for fear of breaking the plastic.

Hopefully one of the forum members that operate salvage yards can advise.
Thats good info. Not sure why that wouldnt come out after that. Plastic tray may have another under the tray attachment? thanks for replying

I have seen other posts where after removal of these bolts, the tray would not budge. A little hesitant to force it I guess. I have not tried it yet. Thanks

Has anyone replaced a battery tray in the XLR? Is this a difficult job to perform? My tray is missing the bottom nut to receive the hold down clamp bolt and the battery is only held in place by the cables.
Easy replacement --- Get the Delco --- any reputable mechanic!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom