Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

crimson red paint scuff marks and light scratches - collector status

xlrnow

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR - Crimson Pearl - currently 29,000 miles
I have many scuff marks and minor scratches on the crimson red paint - I am able to remove most with Mequiar's 2.0 scratch remover but also have become aware that the least little touch, fingernail bump, etc. usually leaves a mark, scuff or scratch when viewed closely with the right lighting or view angle ? ?? would it be the crimson red, fiberglass or maybe I have a freaky thing going on with the paint -? maybe I just look at it too much-:lol: and what is the opinion here of the XLR reaching collector status and if so would it be the XLR-V only ..... They all seem to get way too much attention on the road to just someday basically go away ??

I think your looking at it too much, lol. But if need be, I only used meguiars #7 mirror glaze. I love it, and have never had any complaints.

I have many scuff marks and minor scratches on the crimson red paint - I am able to remove most with Mequiar's 2.0 scratch remover but also have become aware that the least little touch, fingernail bump, etc. usually leaves a mark, scuff or scratch when viewed closely with the right lighting or view angle ? ?? would it be the crimson red, fiberglass or maybe I have a freaky thing going on with the paint -? maybe I just look at it too much-:lol: and what is the opinion here of the XLR reaching collector status and if so would it be the XLR-V only ..... They all seem to get way too much attention on the road to just someday basically go away ??

Yeah YOUR PROBABLY LOOKING AT IT TO MUCH
Honestly you need coats & coats of wax I finally got a "wet look" now after waxing and waxing!
I use ZAINO'S Products ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367593485.861016.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367593511.247623.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367593555.031054.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367593594.484249.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367593669.188998.jpg
They are quite expensive but as the pictures here shows you can achieve to "show room wet look" you are looking for! I'm not done yet, at least not to my satisfaction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Yeah YOUR PROBABLY LOOKING AT IT TO MUCH
Honestly you need coats & coats of wax I finally got a "wet look" now after waxing and waxing!
I use ZAINO'S Products View attachment 2815View attachment 2816View attachment 2817View attachment 2818View attachment 2819
They are quite expensive but as the pictures here shows you can achieve to "show room wet look" you are looking for! I'm not done yet, at least not to my satisfaction!

I don't think anyone who owns these soon to be rare cars, are done cleaning to their satisfaction. I'm constantly wiping down after a drive, the wheels/rims, the undercarriage and buffing any other water or light marks. I even have the California dusters to dust off the pollen. Then i have the smaller california duster for the interior.

I don't think anyone who owns these soon to be rare cars, are done cleaning to their satisfaction. I'm constantly wiping down after a drive, the wheels/rims, the undercarriage and buffing any other water or light marks. I even have the California dusters to dust off the pollen. Then i have the smaller california duster for the interior.

Me too I got both but I got bought 2 of the small ones they work excellent on the wheels too! Really like them at Car Shows & for daily dusting!
Which reminds me I soon need to some new refills! I was referring to WAXING SHINE SATISFACTION GUY!............

Yes I need to get refills for tire cleaner and get the mothers glass cleaner too. Unless anyone can recommend something better to clean the glass. I've just been using windex glass cleaner with paper towel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I need to get refills for tire cleaner and get the mothers glass cleaner too. Unless anyone can recommend something better to clean the glass. I've just been using windex glass cleaner with paper towel.

You must try invisible glass cleaner come in a black spray bottle at Walmart I love it! Being in the cleaning Biz for 23 years I can tell it works but the real secret is 2 paper towel( good brand only) 1 for washing and 2nd for polishing it completely dry to get steak free windows if you still have some streak polish them away with another set up dry paper towels Tip : always use 3 - 4 sections of paper towels!

Thanks

Though I love my (2004 base) XLR, I have no fantasies about it being a collector's car. There were "too many" base models made. A collectible (and probably valuable in the future) XLR would be one of the 2009's or a V model, since they were significantly smaller production volumes. Just think of the collectible cars of today; the higher horsepower ones go for big $$, while their lesser siblings are not as desireable. A 2009 V? THAT will be a hot property!

Thanks

I agree with you on " I can't believe I own this great looking car," - I can't walk through my garage without stopping to stare at the XLR and how beautiful it is. Although I bought it used a few weeks ago it feels like I own a $ 100,000 car as if it were new.

To those of you who are using paper towels for cleaning the windshield and surrounding glass, switch to newspapers (remember them??). They do a better job and are easily recyclable.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom