Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Differences front fog light

JL-Z

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 Black Raven XLR
I'm new and from Belgium so my English is not perfect ; I would like to know if it's possible to change the front fog light of the first millesim (square) by the fog lights of the end of production (2008-2009 - circle style) ?

You'll have to replace the complete front lower bumper cover (fascia) to do that. With parts somewhat limited it may turn into a quest for that item

ok, thanks for the answeer :thumbsup

I'm come back on this post to know how much cost this 2009 front bumper (By GM of after market ?)

08 to 09 bumper

I just did this change. It will cost your about 3000$. US. No aftermarket bumper. You need 2 fog lights ,2wiring adapters , lower side grills, center grill lower valance and upper grille for a 09. Plus the Bumper The V is the cheapest upper but I liked the 09 Platinum The energy absorber is also different but I trimmed mine to fit. also a few bolts and special clips. it would be a nice swap if you found a used bumper complete.

Now, I understand why I can't see a lot of transformation; Cadillac prices !....:D

Replacing fog lites

Now, I understand why I can't see a lot of transformation; Cadillac prices !....:D
The cheapest way to change for lite to a different type/size is too turn wheeles either right or left,remove the plastic retainer/fasteners that hold lower inner fender,you dont have to remove the complete inner fender,you can use something to hold it apart where you can access the back of fog lite,unplug lite,then remove the bulb,next you can access the surround which the fog lite assembly is attached,if i remember correctly,the surround/grill looking area around assembly just snaps in,remove this,now u can modify this to hold any size lite you wish or if lites are the larger type,use the brackets that come with aftermarket lites,next you will need to unplug the end of the wiring harness the the plug for factory lites plugs into,get adapted or cut and splice you new plug for the new lites onto the harness,plug lites up,test to make sure they work,then snap inner fender back in place,now your done. Im sorry i misunderstood you post,im not familiar with the way the early XLRs fog lites mount but being the area is the same or appears to be same size,it may can be removed using same process. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks, it's a way to follow..

The cheapest way to change for lite to a different type/size is too turn wheeles either right or left,remove the plastic retainer/fasteners that hold lower inner fender,you dont have to remove the complete inner fender,you can use something to hold it apart where you can access the back of fog lite,unplug lite,then remove the bulb,next you can access the surround which the fog lite assembly is attached,if i remember correctly,the surround/grill looking area around assembly just snaps in,remove this,now u can modify this to hold any size lite you wish or if lites are the larger type,use the brackets that come with aftermarket lites,next you will need to unplug the end of the wiring harness the the plug for factory lites plugs into,get adapted or cut and splice you new plug for the new lites onto the harness,plug lites up,test to make sure they work,then snap inner fender back in place,now your done. Im sorry i misunderstood you post,im not familiar with the way the early XLRs fog lites mount but being the area is the same or appears to be same size,it may can be removed using same process. Hope this helps.

Seems to me an awful way to cobble together fog lights that leaves gaps around the fog light opening instead of looking custom fit. OP should consider replacing the bulbs with LED aftermarket bulbs that give out a brighter and cleaner light that almost match the color of the headlights

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom