Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Lookin for the driver's Side Skid/airdam support

johnpbaird

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Silver
Well,...I guess I hit that "dip" a little too hard, cause after a close inspection, I found the lower Valance /Air-Dam loose.

Digging into the front driver's side I found the "skid/-air dam support" just hanging there and was busted from the 2 frame mounts.

I think it is pot-metal, (and can't be welded) or Aluminum.

Anybody got any Ideas on where I can get a used one, to replace mine.

I know the Cadillac Dealer can get it,... (but I'll bet it's really expensive).

Well,...I guess I hit that "dip" a little too hard, cause after a close inspection, I found the lower Valance /Air-Dam loose.

Digging into the front driver's side I found the "skid/-air dam support" just hanging there and was busted from the 2 frame mounts.

I think it is pot-metal, (and can't be welded) or Aluminum.

Anybody got any Ideas on where I can get a used one, to replace mine.

I know the Cadillac Dealer can get it,... (but I'll bet it's really expensive).

It's an aluminum piece, so it can be welded using a heli-arc. Actually, I don't think they're THAT expensive. I'll check on my cost on one and PM you tomorrow.

In Response,......

It's an aluminum piece, so it can be welded using a heli-arc. Actually, I don't think they're THAT expensive. I'll check on my cost on one and PM you tomorrow.

Well, I found one for $230 shipped.

I really appreciate your help.

After researching the item, it was found out that it is one piece, covering both sides.

Kinda flimsy but it is aluminum!

JB

Well, I found one for $230 shipped.

I really appreciate your help.

After researching the item, it was found out that it is one piece, covering both sides.

Kinda flimsy but it is aluminum!

JB

I believe the part is identical to the C6, if so I found a C6 one with the crush nuts for $170:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-07-08...Parts_Accessories&hash=item565b847366&vxp=mtr

Maybe it's just me, but $170 +$35 shipping for a reproduction and $230 for a genuine GM part, I'd get the GM for just an additional $25. But I will check with my dealer in the morning and let you know.

Last edited:
IN RESPONSE,..........

I believe the part is identical to the C6, if so I found a C6 one with the crush nuts for $170:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-06-07-08...Parts_Accessories&hash=item565b847366&vxp=mtr

THANKS FOR THE HEADS-UP,...BUT I'M NOT SURE OF THE MATCH. (Corvette # vs XLR)
If the seller would have put the GM#, I would have maybe stopped my orig. order as there is a $30 difference.

Who would have thunk-it. This XLR part is all over E-Bay!
Thanks for lookin'-out!

JB

Last edited:
OK,.......

Put my new one in, but I'd like to replace the right and left side rubber air dam pieces,......
Any help?.....Part #'s etc??

Oh by the wAY,... IT does SUPPORT THE RADIATOR!

Put my new one in, but I'd like to replace the right and left side rubber air dam pieces,......

Yes, it does. I will check my prices on the air dam pieces tomorrow and let you know.

Did we forget??J

Just because it's Christmas Eve !! (Ha!)

Remembered as soon as I checked this thread:chuckle:chuckle. Will try tomorrow, but I'm guessing the dealership will be closed. If so, I'll check Thursday morning, will put a note on my calendar so I don't forget... again.

Last edited:

Hey... I remembered!!!! Left lists at $64.13, cost $58.10, Right list is $58.12, cost is $50.84. Plus $10-15 shipping to you. Let me know if you want me to get them...

Hey Rod,...

Hey... I remembered!!!! Left lists at $64.13, cost $58.10, Right list is $58.12, cost is $50.84. Plus $10-15 shipping to you. Let me know if you want me to get them...

Do you by chance have the cross reference GM-OEM#'s between the Corvette and the XLR?

There's some deals out there for the Vette, that are about 1/2 of what you've quoted me!,......but they are Corvette Reproductions.

RSVP

OK,.........

Well,..........found-out Corvette is different.

What's the OTD price, and your perferred Payment Preference??

Well,..........found-out Corvette is different.

What's the OTD price, and your perferred Payment Preference??

Not sure how much shipping will be to you until I weigh the package ready for shipping. I'm guessing that $15 would cover shipping, $20 for sure. Probably Paypal would be the easiest. My Paypal address is mtrocket@juno.com So you'd be looking at $108.94 plus shipping to you. If you want me to order, package and weigh, then let you know what actual shipping will be, I can do that. PM me your address.

Thanks!

Not sure how much shipping will be to you until I weigh the package ready for shipping. I'm guessing that $15 would cover shipping, $20 for sure. Probably Paypal would be the easiest. My Paypal address is mtrocket@juno.com So you'd be looking at $108.94 plus shipping to you. If you want me to order, package and weigh, then let you know what actual shipping will be, I can do that. PM me your address.

Thanks Rod,....$ and address sent.

John

Thanks Rod, for all of your help and HONESTY.
John

:wave:

Anytime... glad they arrived so FAST!!! Incidentally, if you were needing any of the attachment push pins, they are available at any O'Reilly's, CARQUEST, NAPA, or other auto parts stores. Just take one of the old ones with you and they'll be able to match it up.
Rod

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry