Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Lost trunk key 2006 XLR

generalcks

My XLR/V(s)
1G6YV36A965601752
Just purchased a 2006. Previous owner lost trunk key.
Can one be made from the VIN number at a dealership, or is it Lock Smith time?

The dealer should be able to help you. The key is not a micro chipped key, so it shouldn't even be that expensive.

since I don't need to use my trunk very often, I carry it in my wallet. :cool:

Trunk key

I got a magnet hid a key & put the key in the metal part of the frame. I can just reach under corner of car & get if needed.

David J.

I had the same thing when I bought my XLR several years ago. I went to a dealer, showed proof of ownership and they were able to cut a key from the vin #. It wasn't much at all (just the cost of the blank - no charge to cut the key). Congrats on your ownership of one of the most unique cars in Cadillac's lineup. :cool:

Bigger problems now on a 21,308 mile XLR.

Deck lid will not go down. When using two people to hold the 'forward panel' in position while manually lower the deck lid causes the forward panel to ride on the back window rails. Anticipating this I put duct tape vertically on each side of the rear window to avoid any paint damage. Problem is getting it to a dealer for a diagnosis and possible re-learn. Any ideas?

Is your Valet Lockout Switch turned off?

BTW, Thanks for making me check out the manual! I never realized there is an electronic button above the license plate to open the trunk!

Deck lid will not go down. When using two people to hold the 'forward panel' in position while manually lower the deck lid causes the forward panel to ride on the back window rails. Anticipating this I put duct tape vertically on each side of the rear window to avoid any paint damage. Problem is getting it to a dealer for a diagnosis and possible re-learn. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back