Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Paint blisters around rear window 05 ravens black

grizzmm6

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black XLR
I was wondering if anyone has seen any paint blisters along the edge of the forward part of the trunk lid and around the back window exterior .

Amazing! I had exactly the same problem on my Xenon Blue 05. Cost me a little over $400 at the body shop to get it fixed. I have no idea what caused it. It's time for cc clarke to check in and run this deal down for us. Cadillac Tech may have treated this illness too. Help experts. That's why we're here.

Paint Blisters

Amazing! I had exactly the same problem on my Xenon Blue 05. Cost me a little over $400 at the body shop to get it fixed. I have no idea what caused it. It's time for cc clarke to check in and run this deal down for us. Cadillac Tech may have treated this illness too. Help experts. That's why we're here.

Well now i don't feel alone.Thanks for your input ,I noticed it last year but it i'm getting more concerned about it now...My car is in storage now due to New England weather.,but in the spring I will talk to a GM paint shop to find more info and correct the problem.... I will post the results...

XLR Jim Yandow

I have "something" like that, a few places on the very, very front edge of the trunk lid. I've always figured it's where things didn't go well when the protective plastic they put over the paint was removed at delivery.

I think I remember seeing some in a couple places. One is I think either near the headlight area between the headlight and hood grill. I think the other is on the tonneau cover area. But I can't check the tonneau cover because I had to put the top up because of rain threat. I did however check the from bumper area. Saw this down on the passenger side by the driving/fog lights
fd7fb57113b7bdd4c384e01589f3f04d.jpg
f78f8844a067940b7c2f15fbdb7263fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry