Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Powdercoated brake calipers

Yeah

Guy is this a "VACATION INVITE" LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

I don't know. You would have to wear a blind fold when you see the mess in this condo. Or you would just constantly shake your head when I told you what all happened.

That looks hot.... Victor V.

Finally finished up with Victor-V's powdercoated brakes. :cool:

Victor V THAT is very nice... I'm doing the same thing with mine but I opted for the "Vogue" yellow ceramic paint with it being a Cadillac and all. I bought all the things I want on her just haven't had the chance to get in the garage to make it all happen. I'm dying for this snow to move on so I can get her to the shop for the "Magnaflow" install. Seeing that huge exhaust box in the garage is driving me nuts...lol.

Victor V THAT is very nice... I'm doing the same thing with mine but I opted for the "Vogue" yellow ceramic paint with it being a Cadillac and all. I bought all the things I want on her just haven't had the chance to get in the garage to make it all happen. I'm dying for this snow to move on so I can get her to the shop for the "Magnaflow" install. Seeing that huge exhaust box in the garage is driving me nuts...lol.

Thanks!! Powdercoated brakes are a nice touch. Victor also got Billy Boat Fusion exhaust for a Christmas present and that was a very, very nice addition. :blinzel:

Mike

Calipers on a 2009

photo.JPGIMG_0153.jpgIMG_0155.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.jpg

calipers on a 2009

I heard the same thing after I showed up at a car cruise...."why yellow, why not red or black"
my response--BECAUSE I WANTED YELLOW !!!
Bruce suggested the CTS V yellow with black XLR lettering. Black lettering really sets them off.

Thank you Bruce !!

I like the yellow with the Black and Tan interior

I painted mine myself! My wife's and I like the blue with silver so I decided to polish the XLR to a high gloss shine, then taped them up painted the rest of the calipers with Cobalt Blue then shot with exterior clear coat over the whole caliper & XLR letters too!
VERY PLEASED AND LOOKI
benejejy.jpg
N GOOD TOO!

suzyve5y.jpg
zyvagu3u.jpg

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Looks good. Wish I could go poof and send mine up to you. So you could do that to mine. But I don't think if like the blue with the red car. Yes I'm :patriotic: but I don't want the car looking red silver and blue

You can pick any color your little ole heart desires personally if I had them off the car for new brakes or some other reason I would of had them ceramic coated but since they where done on the car I went with high heat exterior industrial paint!

Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Powder Coated Brake Calipers

Went with Infrared calipers, silver XLR lettering and black brackets. Eline drilled and slotted rotors. It's hard to beat Red/Black combination. I thought the Infrared was a good choice, but Scarlet & Gray would have been pretty cool, too. Thanks Cadillac Tech for the help with the powder coating. The cores should be on their way back this afternoon.:wave: Hope you guys have a blast at Artmobilia!
Also, my mechanic said (and I noticed it later as well) that the rear end had a bit of chatter when turning very hard. Drained and replaced the differential fluid. Something that I have seen on several other posts that is recommended.
PICT0134.jpgPICT0135.jpgPICT0136.jpg

Last edited:
:thumbsup
Looks great Tim! You missed a great event and time in Carmel. Hot and humid, but the rain held off until we were back at the hotel last night.

Went with Infrared calipers, silver XLR lettering and black brackets. Eline drilled and slotted rotors. It's hard to beat Red/Black combination. I thought the Infrared was a good choice, but Scarlet & Gray would have been pretty cool, too. Thanks Cadillac Tech for the help with the powder coating. The cores should be on their way back this afternoon.:wave: Hope you guys have a blast at Artmobilia!
Also, my mechanic said (and I noticed it later as well) that the rear end had a bit of chatter when turning very hard. Drained and replaced the differential fluid. Something that I have seen on several other posts that is recommended.
View attachment 4430View attachment 4431View attachment 4432

Yes. Hopefully we will make it next year. It sounds like you had a great turnout. Hoping to see some pictures of all those XLR's lined up and looking great.

:thumbsup
Looks great Tim! You missed a great event and time in Carmel. Hot and humid, but the rain held off until we were back at the hotel last night.

Nice looking calipers

Nice Touch : )

These are great. Thanks for the pictures. Very nice. :)

After returning from The Montana Rocket Run last year I was bummed as my new rotors (had just done new brakes all around before leaving) got surface rust on them after getting wet. Ugh. Had not occurred to me to get coated rotors. Duh. So I did them again and installed coated rotors as I couldn't stand it anymore. I also had the calipers high temp powder coated in a contrasting gold color to the cars color. Turned out great, and a huge appearance improvement! I have had people say, "Wow, look. It even came with contrasting gold
calipers." (Not). :thumbsup

powder coating of the brake calipers and color code 933L

Sir, I am pretty new to the forum, just got my XLR June 2017. I check in the trunk on the right side under rear compartment cover and the paint code was 933L which I think is called Luxo Blue Metallic. Is this correct, it is a 2007 XLR.
Do you still do powder coating of the XLR brake calipers? If so, how do I get this done.
I am looking for recommendations for color of the calipers that would look good with this blue body paint, I have heard yellow looks good with the blue.

Thank you,
Dave
:)

Sir, I am pretty new to the forum, just got my XLR June 2017. I check in the trunk on the right side under rear compartment cover and the paint code was 933L which I think is called Luxo Blue Metallic. Is this correct, it is a 2007 XLR.
Do you still do powder coating of the XLR brake calipers? If so, how do I get this done.
I am looking for recommendations for color of the calipers that would look good with this blue body paint, I have heard yellow looks good with the blue.

Thank you,
Dave
:)

I had mine done through my service guy. He did this on his own time. Took of all tires he then bleed the brake lines painted 2 calipers at a time. With silver caliper paint. I don’t know how many coats he applied. But the finished product looks great. He then had some red caliper paint but was the wrong color red. (He already painted the lettering red) so when I showed up it looked good but it was the brighter red like 05 version of red. So I had him repaint the lettering in black. Looks good against the silver calipers
c2fab522a1dd213ee81598a61f5ffd33.jpg

Oh he charged me the regular shop time so it totaled to be around $750.00 or around there. I don’t think it was more then $800.00 though.

Last edited:
looks good... :)

Thanks hawkeye372 for the quick reply! :)
They do look good with the black letters. Makes me wonder if I should do my letters in maybe the same blue as the car or yellow.
I do like the idea of powder coating both the front and rear calipers the same color (still not sure which color) and replacing the rotors with maybe slotted and drilled ones.
My Baby is presently getting detailed, road rash paint correction, scratch removal done in Round Rock Texas. Thinking this is a good time to do the calipers, etc. while she is being pampered and resting in their shop.

Was just wonder if Cadillac Tech was still doing the powder coating they talked about in this thread.

Best wish... :wave:
Dave

Last edited:
Thanks hawkeye372 for the quick reply! :)
They do look good with the black letters. Makes me wonder if I should do my letters in maybe the same blue as the car or yellow.
I do like the idea of power coating both the front and rear calipers the same color (still not sure which color) and replacing the rotors with maybe slotted and drilled ones.
My Baby is presently getting detailed, road rash paint correction, scratch removal done in Round Rock Texas. Thinking this is a good time to do the calipers, etc. while she is being pampered and resting in their shop.

Was just wonder if Cadillac Tech was still doing the powder coating they talked about in this thread.

Best wish... :wave:
Dave

I really wanted to have the lettering in my cars color. But at the time I didn’t see any caliper paint in that color. I know some people that have really decked their cars out. When you have the time look through some of the members garages thread. They have color matched some of the engine parts. One other person named 05granddaddy has personally done his calipers he has either the lettering in blue or the calipers blue with silver lettering.
Oh btw check out the thread 15 year bowling green maybe. Mark your calendars for next sept 24th. A bunch of us are trying to get things together for a 15 yr reunion up at a he corvette plant where our cars were made from 2004-2009.
Oh yeah welcome to the forum.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry