Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

06 XLR - Did I make a mistake???

Thread title > 06 XLR - Did I make a mistake??? [you asked]

Swanny,,, Buying a aging low production, high dollar model car without going to see it up close and check it out in full.....was your mistake. One shouldn't buy a car over the internet by just looking at pictures and reading the prepared 'positive' description of the vehicle, as the 'seller' probably isn't going to confess to any present or past issues or problems. Regardless if buying from a used car dealer or private owner..... invest in a trip to go see the car in person.
If purchased,,,then drive it home. jmo

p z
Ask me how I know these words are wisdom. I am still fixing the problem found of mine.

No mistake! Vought my 06 V 10 years ago as a salvage from New Jersey. Still remember the day she arrived. Had lost her nose except for the hood. I am still on my journey and never once thought it was a mistake. Then it was eaiser to find a couple front fenders and bumper cover.....headlights were another story. Bought most of the rest from GM and spent hours, with the help from this forum, and finally was able to get her title from Texas. Things break and most are agast at the price to repair but try restomoding a 54.caddy coupe....that sucks the wind out of your wallett....but the rewards! The XLR V has been trying but still am under $15k total. So if you loved these cars as much as most on this forum your journey will be worth the time and money invested. People still swarm to her when and wherever I stop and turn to look while driving. Realize you are among a small.group of people that will never give them up. Welcome to the forum where most of your trials have been overcome by others that are willing to share in your journey.

No mistake! Vought my 06 V 10 years ago as a salvage from New Jersey. Still remember the day she arrived. Had lost her nose except for the hood. I am still on my journey and never once thought it was a mistake. Then it was eaiser to find a couple front fenders and bumper cover.....headlights were another story. Bought most of the rest from GM and spent hours, with the help from this forum, and finally was able to get her title from Texas. Things break and most are agast at the price to repair but try restomoding a 54.caddy coupe....that sucks the wind out of your wallett....but the rewards! The XLR V has been trying but still am under $15k total. So if you loved these cars as much as most on this forum your journey will be worth the time and money invested. People still swarm to her when and wherever I stop and turn to look while driving. Realize you are among a small.group of people that will never give them up. Welcome to the forum where most of your trials have been overcome by others that are willing to share in your journey.
That 54 convertable is where I started my search and ended up with an 05 (Dad had a 54) never forgave him for giving it away I was on 7 at the time.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom