Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hood pistons

Fortunately in this case, the solution to your issue is very inexpensive regarding XLRs. Yours have just worn out over time. 2 remedies come to mind. Replacing both struts that should cost less than $50 or in my case, I purchased shock clamps. These can be found on this site, shockclamp.com for two good reasons. Firstly the clamp can be stored on the strut itself with the hood closed and more importantly, you never need be concerned on the hood closing unexpectantly on your HEAD. Causing more expense in owning a XLR. Both of my original struts are still good Check out their website, less than $10.00.

PS: On their site, they have a video demonstration on the use of their clamp. They used a XLR in solving your issue.

Last edited:
heres a link

Cadillac Hood Lift Support Replacement DIY

A former member stopped by my house and changed the front and the rear while I made him a cup of coffee. less than 10 minutes total. He did it for free. A great guy. Unlike some people who take the time to answer but say nothing .I guess they just like to see their photo on the forum post

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom