Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Top closing issue

ajmarks1

My XLR/V(s)
2008 xlr platinum
2008 XLR has sat for a while. Took it out for a day trip. Retracted the top, no issues. After returning, went to put the top to the closed position. At step 7 of the close sequence, the top would not raise up from the storage area. I could hear the pump motor running, top would not come up. Reversed the switch, everything went back to the top open position. No messages. tried again, and failed at the same point. Tried to manually lift the top, could raise it a few inches, so the header latch probably released in the process. Dont see any visible fluid leaks that I can tell. Top is now in open position with my cockpit cover on it. Any thoughts? could a weak battery cause this?

Yes on the battery. Car shoukd be running but usually a low battery wont let it do anything. I assume you checked the fluid level . they its either a leak or a weak pump

cant see the fluid level due to transperency issue with the resevoir. dark on the inside of the resevoir

Ok well thats not good. Id try to use a turkey baster and pull out the fluid. Remove and clean the resovoir. A small tooth brush will clean the filter in the pump. Refill with new fluid. hopefully thst will fix the problem.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom