Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! VOLENT CAI ISSUE...DIFFERENT FILTERS?

JW7

Supporting Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Raven Black XLR.... 2001 DTS...2009 AUDI A4 CABRIOLET
Hi all..I had an install done of the Volent CAI and of course getting Check Engine Light..I have read all the previous threads about this and even brought them to my Mechanic ..He states that he went over the install and all connections are tight..Mas connected correctly ..not contaminated..and all connections are solid..
Called Volent and they feel it's just a tight seal issue ..Want pix of install and Engine Code to know more ...
It was mentioned to me to change the filters to K & N as the air flow is different...Filters are better...
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with that ?...Is there such a difference in Filter Brands that it would correct this issue by changing the amount of air getting into the engine..?
Any validity to that or perhaps just a biased comment as to what familiar with?
Any CAI thoughts would be appreciated..
Thanks for the input...J

I’m not 100% sure here, but I thought the OEM intake has a screen just before the MAF sensor. This ensures laminar flow and accuracy of the mass air flow measurement. If you left that out or the new intake didn’t have that, it may be making your sensor output variable and the system may not be able to tolerate that much variation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50/50

that's one that about 50% say no lights and 50% say they do get a light. It opens up more air so that would be the problem. I would think driving it for a while would clear it up. What is the code? It has to have the vacuum line installed into the side. I would stay away from K and N. Nothing but failures for me on off road vehicles . I know my 08 was not listed and I bought an 07 and had to make an adapter to get a good seal to the mass air flow sensor

Last edited:
VOLENT CAI ISSUE...DIFFERENT FILTERS

Thanks for the input....Makes me wonder why some do get the CEL and others Don't ..Thinking the only variable is the install....As suggested, it's possible that it may go away on its own after driving for awhile but had the work done on a good weather day and only had the chance to drive her one more time back to the Mechanic for followup....Still Winter as we all know, but was chomping at the bits to get it installed...No snow...nor rain ..temp above 40 degrees..out of the garage she went.:)
Will get the codes and post them here first chance..
More to follow...J

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back