Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

XLR gets roasted,,,,

But look how comfortable the XLR is compared to the Vett. My wife has a hard time getting into a Vett, but at least she can get into and out of my XLR.

Artical says xlr has an aluminum folding roof. Would love to see that one and the 140,000$ V. Which one listed for that?

M/T,,,, what material is the roof made from? All years?

I think the main reason they failed was the price. When you could get the fastest, most loaded Corvette for $20k less, who's gonna go with the XLR? Obviously not enough. Caddy was so all-fired determined to butt heads with Mercedes, they priced themselves out of the market.
Also if Caddy tried to imply the XLR was a better as well as hotter Corvette, that was a big mistake. This car is a boulevard cruiser, not a dragster. Anyone who bought an XLR and expect it to whip the Vettes, was in for a big surprise. This probably lead to a dampening of enthusiasm and word-of-mouth.
And the quality is nowhere Mercedes-like. I love my 06, but she ain't no Benz. The quality of the furnishing is much too cheap. Way too much flimsy plastic.
Having said all that, I enjoy the heck out of ours, and she will be with us for the rest of my days. I still have folks ask, "I heard Cadillac was coming up with a new 2 seater. Is that it?" When I tell them it's 16 years old, they're amazed. Still a fresh and exciting looking car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom