Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infrared xlr

Oh btw on the subject of detail. Back in ‘13 or ‘14 I had my trunk was damp after a big storm. So after several trips of confusion back to my dealership. They put on a extra coat of sealant and they gave me a free detail. So I have the celijet paint sealant detail on the car. It cost around $1800 or so. But the product is worth it. Sounds like something you’re having done Dave. But as you can see it still looks like I drove her out of the showroom . Good luck with your cars spa treatment. Post some pics of your xlr whenever you get the car back.
    Yes happy thanksgiving to everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 infrared base
    date purchased oct 4th 2012 at the time she had 20758 miles on her.

Every time I see my "BABY" I smile and say to myself, "I still don't believe i am a owner of this Great car".

Topless is the only way to drive

Florida is a convertible state

2. Likes DaveH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

Default UPDATE!!

DaveH,

Here is the link to Mike's website: http://powdermike.com/ However it seems he is closed, as he's moving from the Atlanta area to Washington state, so it may be awhile before he can get to you. I did forget to mention he has the brackets as well and most do them in a contrasting color from the calipers. Good luck with your project!

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

4. Thanks DaveH thanked for this post
    Likes DaveH liked this post
    Powdercoated brake calipers DaveH's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 Xenon Blue

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    DaveH,

Here is the link to Mike's website: Powder Coating, metal finishing, sandblasting services located in Bellevue, WA - powdermike.com However it seems he is closed, as he's moving from the Atlanta area to Washington state, so it may be awhile before he can get to you. I did forget to mention he has the brackets as well and most do them in a contrasting color from the calipers. Good luck with your project!

Thanks cubby558!
    I found the site and sent an email with my contact info for when he gets back up and running again.

Dave

Sent from my SM-A500H using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR-V RII'07 RIII'08 SA'09 CO'10 NCSC'11 PA'12 BG'13 MT'14 VBOBX'15

We got a company here in Lincoln NE that does powder coating. They use to work for a big aviation Co. here in town and went out on their own business. I've seen them at home shows and car shows. You can't do any more than give them a call and see what their prices are

Powder Coating Lincoln, NE - CrossLinc Custom Coatings

7. Likes DaveH liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

You're right Chad; there are powder coaters everywhere, but Mike has XLR calipers and brackets in stock ready to coat the color you want and send them to you to swap out for your existing calipers. The only 'down time' is when you are swapping them out. you then send your back to him and he sandblasts them and gets them ready for the next one. That's a lot easier than taking all your calipers and brackets off and taking them to get powder coated locally and having your car just sitting. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Popbigguy View Post
    We got a company here in Lincoln NE that does powder coating. They use to work for a big aviation Co. here in town and went out on their own business. I've seen them at home shows and car shows. You can't do any more than give them a call and see what their prices are

Powder Coating Lincoln, NE - CrossLinc Custom Coatings

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

9. Likes hawkeye372 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And to add to what cubby58 said, Mike also rebuilds the calipers & so when you get them, not only do they look great, but they run great.
    Had mine done by Mike a few years ago & they still look like the day I got ‘em.

ras

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks DaveH thanked for this post
    Likes cubby558, DaveH liked this post
    Dislikes DaveH disliked this post