Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 black raven

Default Key fob question

I bought another key fob on ebay. I did the programing procedure last night. It recognized the fob. If it it in the little pocket in the glove box the car will start. If I remove it it will not do anything. I bought a new battery and that did nothimg. Any idea what might be the problem? Is the key fob bad. I took it to Autozone and tested it and it is transmitting.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 infred red xlr-v

How do you know it recognized the fob? Did you program it as fob 3? Will doors unlock or trunk open? I programmed an extra fob as 3, it then asked for fob 4. As three it will not activate memory controls, but everything else. There are two programming modes. One for extra fobs (3 & 4) - or one that resets and programs all fobs. That one scares me. If I screw up, i"m toast and call the tow truck.
    2006 Infra Red XLR-V
    2005 Mag Red Corvette Coupe
    2006 DTS
    2008 SRX 4 NStar

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 black raven

I know it recognized it because if I try to reprogram it it says recognized fob and if I put it in the little fob pocket in the glove box the car will start.