Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub of Cadillac XLR news and information! Click here to check out the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR Silver

Default Tire Pressure Sensors.

Interesting note,.....
    Will, "Late Model" Corvette/Cadillac Tire Pressure Sensors function properly in my 2005 XLR?
    I'd like to purchas the, "freshest" sensors as possible, not ones that have, 'sit on the shelf' since 2005.
    Are the late Model Tire Pressure Sensors Compatible with my 2005 XLR's system??

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2004 XLR

my understanding is that GMC changed the frequency of the TPS sometime around 2008, so you need to look for the pre-2008 part number when buying.

Pit Crew
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2005 XLR Silver

Default Thanks "CanadianViking" !

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianViking View Post
    my understanding is that GMC changed the frequency of the TPS sometime around 2008, so you need to look for the pre-2008 part number when buying.
    Anyone want to chime in on "CV's" statement??
    .......and anyone have the p/n for these sensors?
    Also,....and a big also,....who has the freshest sensors??

JB

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 XLR-V Infra Red, 2-Tone Intr, RII, RIII & RIV survivor, Mdwst Maurader

CV is correct, in that there were two different sensors for some model years. You will find the GM part #'s in this thread.

XLR TPMS Research

As far as 'freashest' sensors, I see no worry, as there would be nothing to make them bad sitting on a shelf not be used.

Cubby558

"If you want to blend in, Ride the Bus"

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 XLR Infrared

Quote Originally Posted by cubby558 View Post
    CV is correct, in that there were two different sensors for some model years. You will find the GM part #'s in this thread.

XLR TPMS Research

As far as 'freashest' sensors, I see no worry, as there would be nothing to make them bad sitting on a shelf not be used.

I just ordered a new set for my after market wheels. I need to ask them what are the dates made. I stopped by GM dealership a couple of weeks ago and they told me that my originals life span are 5 yrs. LOL.