Cadillac XLR Net - The ultimate online hub for Cadillac XLR owners and enthusiasts!
Supporting Membership - Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Advertise With Us

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Black Raven XLR & 2004 XLR for parts

Default This is great info... the Kenwood in mine has no ACC ??

Hi

The info on your upgrade is really helpful.
    The 2006 that I purchased this summer to replace my 2004 came with a Kenwood DDX770 upgrade. The upgrade has caused the ACC to not work at all. Any info, web site redirects or comparison to your install that you can provide on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching and have also had the upper console apart looking at what they did in the install. No luck yet, so the result is this inquiry.
    Hopefully all that I need to find is just a better set of steering wheel adapters.

Looks like you upgrade was a home run.

Thanks in advance

FTH

Quote Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
    Funny, I checked the video settings on Vimeo, and it's set for public viewing. I did a few tweaks on the settings however. Can you check again and let me know?

The drive out price on the install was 1800$, including tax. The 893S head unit is pretty pricey, but it has lots of features available. The price on head unit alone was $1030, which is not bad considering it goes for 1299$ list, and around 1200$ even on eBay. I had what was then the top of the line Kenwood DNX8120 installed in an 09 Buick Enclave in 2008 and that was around 1500$ installed, so not too bad all things considered. Wife loves it, especially the back up camera which gives an excellent view and is pretty wide angle so you can see approaching cars in a parking lot. It is also a Kenwood product. It's 330,000 pixels CMOS camera.

Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2007 (red) with wire grrile

Default Kenwood in the XLR

Perhaps we can convince our XLR brother to quit his day job and take this show on the road... if he performed the install as a "house call," theoretically he could visit all 50 states and places in Europe and make a good living! It's incredible at just how antique the XLR's installed electronics are BEFORE the advent of smart phone technology that was created and marketed in 2007. In Thomas Friedman's new book, Thank You for Being Late, he analyzes global cultural impact of smart phone technology... a good read... Happy day, James

Kenwood DNX893S in the XLR rexster314's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cadillac XLR

2006 Base Infrared

Quote Originally Posted by Full-Tilt-Hiltz View Post
    Hi

The info on your upgrade is really helpful.
    The 2006 that I purchased this summer to replace my 2004 came with a Kenwood DDX770 upgrade. The upgrade has caused the ACC to not work at all. Any info, web site redirects or comparison to your install that you can provide on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching and have also had the upper console apart looking at what they did in the install. No luck yet, so the result is this inquiry.
    Hopefully all that I need to find is just a better set of steering wheel adapters.

Looks like you upgrade was a home run.

Thanks in advance

FTH
    Sounds as if the installer didn't use the proper wiring harness. the ACC works fine in my X