Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

AppRadio 4

Most
Most replacement head units don't rely on those connections. All the aftermarket head units just use a ground switch on the parking brake as a lockout and don't require a speed sensor. That's the type of adapter that I had on my 09 Enclave and it worked fine with the Kenwood unit I had replaced the head unit with.

I agree, I have worked on a install of a pioneer Nav unit and the gmos-06 isn't providing any of the signals for reverse, park brake, or speed signal. Not a problem as I bypassed the park brake anyway. Connected the speed signal directly from the original connector and pulled reverse from the backup lights for the backup camera. Yes the head unit does provide provisions for some of these functions otherwise.

Radio and controls document

Does anyone have these saved somewhere? I click on the links and they are not found anymore. I would love to figure this out since I'm putting a new stereo in and would like to get this car back on the road ASAP...

2005 Wiring diagram (radio-related only): 2005 radio.pdf - DocDroid

2006 wiring diagram (radio-related only): 2006 Radio.pdf - DocDroid

Does anyone have these saved somewhere? I click on the links and they are not found anymore. I would love to figure this out since I'm putting a new stereo in and would like to get this car back on the road ASAP...

Go HERE

It's about the install of a Kenwood unit in my 06.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom