Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cut Outs

CUT OUTS

Hi all...for us newbies to all this car stuff.....What is a cut out on a car...

Thanx nbw123 for sharing your knowledge. ...I'm always trying to learn

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Thanx nbw123 for sharing your knowledge. ...I'm always trying to learn

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Send me your email and I will send a video of my V with cutouts open and then closed at the end

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone installed cutouts on an XLR-V?

Why bother with cut-outs on a V when all you need is a "Mild to Wild" mod installed. The V came stalwart with muffler bypass that vacuum controlled by the PCM. The mild to wild switch just leaves the bypass open regardless.

Now if you really want a growl either way, check out the Billy Boat Fusion exhaust for the XLR-V. Ask those who've heard Elwood at full song what they think.

Why bother with cut-outs on a V when all you need is a "Mild to Wild" mod installed. The V came stalwart with muffler bypass that vacuum controlled by the PCM. The mild to wild switch just leaves the bypass open regardless.

Now if you really want a growl either way, check out the Billy Boat Fusion exhaust for the XLR-V. Ask those who've heard Elwood at full song what they think.

Billy Boat Fusion makes a "regular" V sound like a race car/rocket when you have Mild to Wild & leave the bypass open! At least for ours ... :reddevil

Thanks for the info. I'll search mild to wild mods. I am planning on a cat delete as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back