Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Show Us Your XLR

Happy new year
2d34e797ef0d7b97a53215f3cbe24121.jpg
68e213599440afedf8b5572643a48386.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find those single arm lifts freak me out........

UPDATE

A lot has taken place since I 1st posted about what is now fondly named "The Dadillac"!
New Varex custom tunable exhaust with quad 4" titanium tips, drilled & slotted EBC brake rotors & Red Stuff performance pads, Z06 sway bar, Windflector, new custom "one off" super light forged monoblock wheels by AMF, full cut and polish paint correction & ceramic/carbon coating on paint, glass, lenses & wheels just to start. :)
Also just bought a 469 hp supercharged lc3 motor from an 06 STS-V to possibly transplant. (More to come on that!)
_DSC3104 - Copy (2).jpg20181020_174818_resized.jpg20181212_155919[14358].jpgIMG_20180826_101842_323.jpgSway Bar.jpg

Attachments

• 20180905_174215_resized_1.jpg
    20180905_174215_resized_1.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
A lot has taken place since I 1st posted about what is now fondly named "The Dadillac"!
New Varex custom tunable exhaust with quad 4" titanium tips, drilled & slotted EBC brake rotors & Red Stuff performance pads, Z06 sway bar, Windflector, new custom "one off" super light forged monoblock wheels by AMF, full cut and polish paint correction & ceramic/carbon coating on paint, glass, lenses & wheels just to start. :)
Also just bought a 469 hp supercharged lc3 motor from an 06 STS-V to possibly transplant. (More to come on that!)
View attachment 8547View attachment 8548View attachment 8549View attachment 8550View attachment 8551

Looking good

View attachment 8547

Absolutely gorgeous! Love that Xenon blue!

Question - any other XLR owners have trouble with battery lasting through winter? I’m in Midwest, Illinois, and in my 3 winters with XLR, I’ve had to replace battery all 3 years. Car is garaged, above 45 degrees. Don’t drive in snow. Anyone have battery problem like this? At least with warranty, Dealership has replaced battery each year.

Question - any other XLR owners have trouble with battery lasting through winter? I’m in Midwest, Illinois, and in my 3 winters with XLR, I’ve had to replace battery all 3 years. Car is garaged, above 45 degrees. Don’t drive in snow. Anyone have battery problem like this? At least with warranty, Dealership has replaced battery each year.

Well I’m on my 3rd battery too. But when i know I’m not going to drive it or when I’m on vacation then it’s on a battery tender. Also with these cars, the car (computer) never totally shuts off. The car is always searching for the key fob. Also the aux plug that’s in your arm rest glove box has constant power so it really never totally shuts down.

Keep the car hooked up to a Battery Tender when ever you anticipate that you will not be driving it for over 2 weeks. I have had my car for 8 years - replaced the battery when I purchased it an and only replaced the battery once since - 2.5 years ago. As Hawkeye touched on; these cars never truly sleep. Lots of small parasitic electronics slowly consuming energy doing their jobs. Actually most of our cars of today are the same with fobs, alarms, roadside emergency monitors etc but we use those cars on a daily basis thereby recharging the battery through driving, where our XLR's (for most of us) are our fun cars getting occasional use.

stuff

That Blue Beast looks fantastic !!!The wheels are sweet !! I agree with Mark...my Girl can be heard every so often cycling the exhaust and bits in the dash while sitting in the garage. So I leave mine hooked up to a battery tender most of the time and no issues. Same battery since I purchased the car four years ago. :thumbsup

Wow car looks awesome!! Did you change out the foglight bulbs? If so would you mind letting me know what they are?

Thanks
scott

Hi Mark/Sandy
Just got the new intrachiller for the supercharger delivered yesterday. This will tie the air condition system into the intercooling system to chill the liquid for the supercharger. Supposed to add about 20 whrp with no tuning. With the colder intake temps allows the car to not take out so much timing with means more HP....weeee
Scott

Hi Mark/Sandy
Just got the new intrachiller for the supercharger delivered yesterday. This will tie the air condition system into the intercooling system to chill the liquid for the supercharger. Supposed to add about 20 whrp with no tuning. With the colder intake temps allows the car to not take out so much timing with means more HP....weeee
Scott

Well then: never heard of an intrachiller..... but I have never owned a a Supercharged car: however Steve has a Magnuson Supercharger on his 07 Chevy Classic! 20 whrp eh! Scott, try not to give him any ideas..........

Attachments

• DSCF7023wp.jpg
    DSCF7023wp.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 387
intrachiller

An intrachiller is a system that ties into the air conditioning system to cool the coolant for the supercharger. So instead of just being able to use the liquid to air intercooler that comes stock on my car this will run the coolant through a small liquid to liquid intercooler. This system will be capable of maintaining the supercharge coolant down in the mid-30 degree range. Thus cooling the air further before going into the supercharger. There are some other systems out there commonly used on corvettes called "killer chiller".:chuckle

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom