Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!
Crimson Pearl
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Any advise as to why the top on my '05 now refuses to go up? Everything was great but at the end of the weekend tried to put the top up and nothing happened. No noise....nothing. the trunk will work normally but thought I's ask for help before taking it in and having it looked at. Any suggestions? Topdesignr1
    I'm considering these two from V-LEDs, but open to any advice you have.
    www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/Gauge-Cluster-LED/White-LED/2-V-LEDS-WHITE-194-13-p6638587-1-2.html

www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/CornerSide-Marker-LED/White-LED/2-HID-WHITE-SMT-X5-HIGH-p6478377-1-2.html

In the reviews for V-LEDS Part ID: 194_X5_HP_W there's a photo where they used the bulb for the gauge cluster. Hmmmm...I've always thought the gauge lighting is one of the cheapest parts of the XLR interior (looks like a 1992 Chevy Cavalier, not something worthy of the Cadillac/Bulgari name!). I wonder how hard this would be to swap out? Not sure if it would improve the appearance, but it might.

Thanks for any help you can provide. GREATLY appreciated.
    Hi Crimson, I enjoyed reading your thread about LED lights.

I've installed some 5-LED units from Lexan for my trunk interior lamp: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320451636119&viewitem=#ht_6086wt_942
    I'm pretty happy with these, but noticed that sometimes the lights are dim when the trunk opens, and I have to click the "unlock doors" button on the key fob for them to go to full brightness mode. Do yours do this too?

I also had difficulties removing the bulbs for the map lights in the interior rear view mirror. Where did you buy the heat shrink? Is there a certain kind to use?

Also- how do you remove the door courtesy lamps? I can't see any sort of screws to remove them.

Based upon your post I'm going to buy my next sets from V-LEDs.
    Which specific model(s) do you recommend for the map lights and the door courtesy lamps?
    Thanks,
    -Mark
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom