Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2005 Blue Steel

Blue Steel

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Blue Steel XLR .... 40,000 miles
After doing a lot of research on the internet recently purchased my "dream car". I have been looking to purchase an XLR for a couple of years now, only been looking for a lower mileage 2005 Blue Steel, and finally found my car. The exterior was immaculate, it had just gotten 4 new run flats, and the interior was in great shape as well. It was a 2 owner car with about 40,000 miles located in Virginia that checked out OK after running the VIN and checking out any of the known issues discussed on here. After a little negotiation I got it for what I thought was a great deal, $20,000. I had the car shipped back to Michigan and put it away for the winter, already bought and installed an on board battery charger and have that hooked up, but I really do get it now when you guys talk about just looking out in the garage and a smile coming to your face. It needs a good detailing to get it to up to my standards (I'm pretty anal about my vehicles) but I can't wait for the warm weather to come to put the top down and get out on the road. This site has already been a wealth of knowledge for me. Looking forward to the continued input and maybe even adding a little insight if I can.:beerchug:

Congrats.... I know you will enjoy the car. Hopefully you will think it was worth the wait.

Thanks, I am sure I will enjoy the car come Spring. Definitely anxiously awaiting warmer weather. I am still a little shocked I finally found one in the color I was looking for, that had the miles I was looking for and to top it off I got it for less than I thought I would have to pay for a car I was totally more than happy with! :D With the car in the garage looking even better in person than it did in the photos she had seen even the wife is giving it the thumbs up. :thumbsup

Congrats Blue Steel!

I'm in Sterling Heights... When the weather breaks, we should try to get together. I saw from another one of your posts you're looking for a good repair shop in the area. Me too. Let's keep looking out for one.

Hope to see you in the spring!

David

Dirny

Sounds Good...if you find a repair shop you trust please let me know and I will most certainly do the same. I am bouncing around quite a bit for work right now but we could certainly try and get together sometime. How long have you had your XLR? I am definitely looking forward to the warmer weather.

Congrats on your purchase. I'm hoping to get my XLR out this weekend now that the salt is washed away. It's the potholes that I'm most worried about, they seem to have multiplied since the weather has improved. Check out the events forum, there are some good get togethers scheduled. The Arthritis Foundation Car show is in Columbus, just a short trip south for you. It is a great way to meet other XLR owners and learn more about our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome & Congratulations

Ahhh, yes, you got a smokin deal on the car. After your snow melts, please post some pictures. I also am familiar with waiting for winter to end. :cool:

Again, welcome aboard and Congratulations!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom