Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Site Update: 2006 - 2009 Cadillac XLR - XLR-V: Service Bulletin: #PIP4112R: Normal Characteristic - Sag Or Hesitation On Acceleration - (M

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
The following item has been added to the XLR-Net's Knowledge Base:

More...

My friend a GM mechanic and former race crew told me years ago the best way to get max performance from this engine is never hammer the throttle squeeze it and it has worked for me.

My friend a GM mechanic and former race crew told me years ago the best way to get max performance from this engine is never hammer the throttle squeeze it and it has worked for me.

Please elaborate. I also have a CTSV with an LSA engine that responds well to "hammering " the throttle. I am considering turning off the torque management.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please elaborate. I also have a CTSV with an LSA engine that responds well to "hammering " the throttle. I am considering turning off the torque management.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It isn't an LSA engine. We have 4.4l supercharged Northstar. They don't respond well to hammering the throttle which is what the bulletin is about.

It isn't an LSA engine. We have 4.4l supercharged Northstar. They don't respond well to hammering the throttle which is what the bulletin is about.

I'm sorry for my unclear note. Of course my XLR-V doesn't have an LSA, it has an LC3. However it is a supercharged V8 and I am interested in finding out why it doesn't respond well to instant acceleration. Any info is appreciated.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom