Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2006 Cadillac XLRs Added to the Registry

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
This morning, I added the VIN, Order Number, PVI Number, Charge to Dealer Number, and Ship to Dealer Number into the Registry for every single 2006 Cadillac XLR and XLR-V that was built - including Captured Test Fleet and Experimental XLRs.

I still have to run through all of them and add colors, options, etc., however, that's going to take me a little bit of time since there's over 4,000 2006 XLRs built!

Once all the information has been added, you'll be able to use the Registry search function to see how many 2006 Cadillac XLRs were built specifically with your options!

Cadillac XLR Registry | 2006 Cadillac XLRs and XLR-Vs | Cadillac XLR Net

I hope you had a beer (or two) after all that work! :beerchug:

How did you find out about the "captured test fleet" XLR's? Never heard of that before (better yet, how come Schram Auto seemed to get most of them & destroy them? :mad:)

• Admin
I hope you had a beer (or two) after all that work! :beerchug:

How did you find out about the "captured test fleet" XLR's? Never heard of that before (better yet, how come Schram Auto seemed to get most of them & destroy them? :mad:)

Captured Test Fleet cars are randomly pulled from the production line at the start of production for final quality and validation testing. They are production spec cars that GM uses for a few thousand miles and then usually sells them at GM auctions to dealers around the country.

You'll notice that some of the options codes include WD1 - PILOT VEHICLE

That usually indicates that the car was a CTF car. If the VIN ends in EX - that indicates that it was a pre-production car used for in-depth testing and not a saleable vehicle to the public. Once GM is finished with it - an automotive scrap company is hired to take the car away and destroy it. I suspect Schram Auto ended up with most of the experimental XLRs.

Captured Test Fleet cars are randomly pulled from the production line at the start of production for final quality and validation testing. They are production spec cars that GM uses for a few thousand miles and then usually sells them at GM auctions to dealers around the country.

You'll notice that some of the options codes include WD1 - PILOT VEHICLE

That usually indicates that the car was a CTF car. If the VIN ends in EX - that indicates that it was a pre-production car used for in-depth testing and not a saleable vehicle to the public. Once GM is finished with it - an automotive scrap company is hired to take the car away and destroy it. I suspect Schram Auto ended up with most of the experimental XLRs.

That's fascinating! Thanks for the info. :bowdown:

• Admin

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry