Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! 2006 XLR convertible top issue

GONZO2LR

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Cadillac XLR - Platinum
Hello guys, New to the forum here and totally excited. I finally got my XLR, 5 year search. and I love it.

I hope I am explaining this correctly but here goes..

AS I am bringing up the top, on the passenger side, the rear glass on the closing doesn't align in the little slot, it over extends and when the window rolls up it, it causes the door not to open when pressing the door to open. you will see the missed alignment. ( plus the glass is in the inside instead of the glass being outside. You have to open the top, stop in mid turn, then reverse to up the top up, hold the glass in a bit and make sure it aligns.
I am looking for the repair manual, looking online in hopes it will show me a fix. Or, Is there an adjustment that you guys/gals can telll me about!

thank you for your help and again excited to be on this site!!!

Luis

Hello guys, New to the forum here and totally excited. I finally got my XLR, 5 year search. and I love it.

I hope I am explaining this correctly but here goes..

AS I am bringing up the top, on the passenger side, the rear glass on the closing doesn't align in the little slot, it over extends and when the window rolls up it, it causes the door not to open when pressing the door to open. you will see the missed alignment. ( plus the glass is in the inside instead of the glass being outside. You have to open the top, stop in mid turn, then reverse to up the top up, hold the glass in a bit and make sure it aligns.
I am looking for the repair manual, looking online in hopes it will show me a fix. Or, Is there an adjustment that you guys/gals can telll me about!

thank you for your help and again excited to be on this site!!!

Luis

There are adjustments. You need either a workshop manual yourself, or a competent dealership with XLR skills (and the manual).

Glad you like your XLR.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back