Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2007 XLR-V 15007 Miles for sale

tom88ci

My XLR/V(s)
2007 XLR V Infared
Hello forum

I am selling my V. Many will remember the story - https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlrs-for-sale-wanted/7940-2007-xlr-v-on-ebay.html

I only put 1500 miles on her but made many repairs along the way to get it right. I am going to list the car on eBay at the end of the week but if someone on the forum is interested, send me a PM. I will include my GM XLR knowledge library with the purchase.

Asking $48k

IMG_1393.jpgIMG_1394.jpg

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 615
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 566
Last edited:
Hello forum

I am selling my V. Many will remember the story - https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadillac-xlrs-for-sale-wanted/7940-2007-xlr-v-on-ebay.html

I only put 1500 miles on her but made many repairs along the way to get it right. I am going to list the car on eBay at the end of the week but if someone on the forum is interested, send me a PM. I will include my GM XLR knowledge library with the purchase.

Asking $48k

View attachment 5935View attachment 5936

I followed your adventure closely, why the change in heart in selling? Being a 06 InfraRed V owner myself, what additional repairs were made after your initial horror story? Need to see what I can look forward to in the future :-( Just hit 20K last month in driving my dream machine.

Reason to sell

As you can see, I have driven the car very little since it was purchased. These cars need to be driven. Sitting for long periods with any car is not recommended. For these reasons and the needed space, I want to sell.

In other parts of the forum I have discussed various repairs. If you made it to 20k miles chances are you have seen most troubles already. You need a tech2 to own one of these cars or a dealer is going to make some real money. My tech2 saved me plenty. I spent a lot of money getting the car where it should have been for 13544 miles. Some cosmetic, some inherent to the XLR, but most were preventative as I did not believe anything the dealer told me prior to delivery. Nothing big - don't worry. There are plenty of horror stories on the forum - luckily, I have not experienced most of those.

Hard to sell an XLR-V

So after months on different sites, I have had no serious buyers. I have lowered the price to $42k and refuse to go any lower. These are selling on Cars.com for as much as $57k for a similar car (year,miles,etc). I have also seen them on many dealer lots in the 50's also. I think I will be keeping this one for a while. I also attempted a trade-in on a new car and walked at the trade value. Not sure where the market for these is right now.

With all the clean up and repairs since I bought it, the car is super clean but the rarity has made it a challenge to attract buyers.

So after months on different sites, I have had no serious buyers. I have lowered the price to $42k and refuse to go any lower. These are selling on Cars.com for as much as $57k for a similar car (year,miles,etc). I have also seen them on many dealer lots in the 50's also. I think I will be keeping this one for a while. I also attempted a trade-in on a new car and walked at the trade value. Not sure where the market for these is right now.

With all the clean up and repairs since I bought it, the car is super clean but the rarity has made it a challenge to attract buyers.

If you don't mind, what was the trade-in value offered you?

Trade in value

I knew a car salesman/closer years ago. He once told me they make more money on a used car than new cars. Naturally they will low ball the price because they are going to make their profit when they sell it. Dealerships hate warranty claims, very little if any money made on factory warranty work. Comparatively, new cars have warranty - used cars have little if any and you have to buy it if you want coverage. In the end they make good money on the extended warranty on an average, most cars don't have expensive problems like an XLR.

Trade in Value

AL

I didn't have any luck in December or January selling the V. I took it to a Jaguar dealer to trade on an F-Type they offered $29,500.00 in trade. They said that because it was a "rare car with a limited market" they would have a difficult time selling it and would have to wholesale the car.

I walked.

AL

I didn't have any luck in December or January selling the V. I took it to a Jaguar dealer to trade on an F-Type they offered $29,500.00 in trade. They said that because it was a "rare car with a limited market" they would have a difficult time selling it and would have to wholesale the car.

I walked.

That "offer" is insulting. However, I think their "limited market" statement was an excuse for just not really wanting to make a deal, or not really knowing about what they were looking at. Plus that sounds way more applicable to a F-type.

One time I visited a Ford dealer considering trading in my STS. They lowballed me because "it will be hard for us to sell a used Cadillac because people will wonder where they can get it serviced." Seriously???? I called baloney & took a hike (they later called & upped the offer because "we'll do whatever it takes to get you into a Ford"). Since then I've seen a Viper on their lot, which really doesn't fit the reasoning they gave me. Dealers don't think much before speaking.

Sometimes it's harder to sell things as a private seller because if the car is a dud you have zero recourse - although from your buying experience it's not necessarily easier going after a dealer.

salesmen will lowball every trade in, so they can either:
make a killing on the flip, if the trade is nice
or so they can dump it at auction and not lose anything.
they would give you 30k on that V and turn around and sell it for 55k
many dealers are conglomerates, aka they own a bmw dealership and a benz and a jag and a caddy dealership.
they will just drive the car over to the caddy lot and prep and sell it there.
they are screwing you every time.
most people dont want to bother dealing with strangers to sell their car privately (and think its hard) so they just accept the dealers offer.

only time a dealer gives you a high trade value is when he is killing you on the sale price of the vehicle he is selling you.
so its just a trick.

sell your car privately for maximum value and buy the next car privately as well, better price, and at least you can meet the current owner, not be fed a song and dance by a salesman.

the profit dealers and salesmen make is insane, the amount of wiggle room in the price is astronomical.
i have known a few dealers (big fish), and a few salesmen(little fish), the stories they tell of how the numbers are worked are amazing. both are absolutely sharks that will devour you.
makes me want to buy a dealership.
and thats not even counting the killing they make on service.
last i heard the one guy is up to 35 dealerships, you really think he has a problem getting rid of off brand cars, hahahahaha. what a line.

PS
now that you have the car where you want it to be condition wise, i would keep it :)
its a beauty, alot more exotic than almost anything else out there.
enjoy it, keep in mind nobody knows the shameful condition you received it in, they all think its a 10!!!!!
in your mind you have to erase the negative vibe you have, and think how lucky you are and how skilled you are
to have the brains and the means to recondition such a high end car.
i would list it for 50k and wait. and if nobody buys, enjoy it for a long time.
somebody will want a creampuff one of these days, and they will pay for what it is now, not even knowing what it was before.
the stuff you had to do i would call restoration, imagine it was a "barn find" and you lovingly restored it.
paint correction, stereo repair, detailing. it wasnt on a rack for frame damage, or rescued from a lake.
nothing to be sour on the XLR V for.
you have a car way more rare than a lambo or ferrari.
and its a hardtop convertible !
and the V is no slouch in performance either.
only 1500 miles tells me you feel ill every time you think of the car, thats a shame because its supposed to be a thrill.
perhaps that attitude and your forthrightness on what you had to do to it, are poisoning your possible sales ?
i would categorize it as lovingly maintained by enthusiast. and be loathe to part with it. but for the right price...

SOLD

I was able to sell the car today. A local dealer purchased the car paying KBB value which I was happy with. I listed my XLR library and my factory wind restrictor on Ebay. I have some other spares that I will list later.

Thanks to all who followed and gave feedback.

keep an eye out see what the dealer lists it for, would be interesting to know.
whats the locale ?

Library sold quick

I have checked this morning and the dealer has not listed the car yet. I will keep you posted.

My collection of training videos went quickly on Ebay last night.

I was able to sell the car today. A local dealer purchased the car paying KBB value which I was happy with. I listed my XLR library and my factory wind restrictor on Ebay. I have some other spares that I will list later.

Thanks to all who followed and gave feedback.

Guess you didn't see my PM asking if you'd sell the library before you put it on ebay?

Reply to David_B

David

I don't know how you are sending the messages but they don't appear in my forum inbox. I answered them several times because they do make it to my email. I sent two replies directly to your Comcast email address. You had first crack at the library but I never heard back from you.

Last edited:
Spares listed on Ebay

If anyone is interested I have listed on eBay the following:

LH - speaker grill for the door
LH - pillar molding
Pair of sill plate logo's
and the Wind Deflector

I will be listing a Covercraft indoor cover, part# FF16571FG Very good condition. Only one year old.

Cadillac XLR Covercraft Car Cover Form Fit FF16571FG | eBay

Last edited:
Update and Tech2

Sold all the parts I had collected but not installed on the XLR. The new owner tracked me down through this forum and purchased several items himself. He bid on the car online from the dealer who purchased it from me. He was competing with another buyer and ultimately paid what I had originally listed the car for on Craigslist.

I wanted to share that I sold the XLR using the KBB system. When you go to the KBB website to get the value of yours take note of the button that says "sell your car now". It sends your deal to several dealers that you get to choose with the low end of the value range. I was happy with that number. And I got it.

Also, I am going to sell my Tech2. Tried and tested on the XLR-V. If your interested PM me. I will post on eBay in week or so.

Attachments

• 00808_hTuRvgvPalv_600x450.jpg
    00808_hTuRvgvPalv_600x450.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Sold Sold Sold

Both the car and the Tech2 sold last year.

Sold all the parts I had collected but not installed on the XLR. The new owner tracked me down through this forum and purchased several items himself. He bid on the car online from the dealer who purchased it from me. He was competing with another buyer and ultimately paid what I had originally listed the car for on Craigslist.

I wanted to share that I sold the XLR using the KBB system. When you go to the KBB website to get the value of yours take note of the button that says "sell your car now". It sends your deal to several dealers that you get to choose with the low end of the value range. I was happy with that number. And I got it.

Also, I am going to sell my Tech2. Tried and tested on the XLR-V. If your interested PM me. I will post on eBay in week or so.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom