Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

2008 XLR OnStar Module For Sale

mrmspartan

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue XLR
I have a 2008 XLR OnStar Module for sale. It came from VIN 1G6YV36A885600241 parted out in November, 2018. I bought it to upgrade my 2004 XLR that never had the OnStar Analog to Digital upgrade performed. I installed it and talked on it with the OnStar people who would not update the VIN in the module to match my XLR. It continues to reflect the vehicle that was parted out. There was supposedly some software available back in 2006 when the vehicles were being switched from Analog to Digital, but no one seems to have that software anymore. My dealer has searched but has not found it. It's on EBay for $69, but I will take $60 here if it is of interest to anyone. Thanks.

I have pulled a few 8 Mbit BGA Flash chips from used Onstar modules. The is no VIN data but a Hex code sequence that is on the module's sticker. Copy and paste that sequence to change identification with a chip writer. Aligning the BGA chip to solder back into a module is a PITA.

I have pulled a few 8 Mbit BGA Flash chips from used Onstar modules. The is no VIN data but a Hex code sequence that is on the module's sticker. Copy and paste that sequence to change identification with a chip writer. Aligning the BGA chip to solder back into a module is a PITA.
Thanks for that info. My brother-in-law has a Bachelor's and Master's in Electrical Engineering and spent his career in the auto industry. He is constantly tearing apart and rebuilding audio equipment, so I will get with him over the holidays. Thanks again.

I got a few .bin files from different GM vehicles OnStar modules if you want them.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom