Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Another Convertible top pump quandry.. RELEARN?

So i replaced the conv top ecu and had TopHydraulics rebuild my pump.
i installed it ..
Do i have to do a relearn to get this top operating?
strangely the trunk will open under hydraulics.. it will open with my key fob and or the button on the knee panel.
but it will not go down..
i can close it manually .. but it will not close electrically/pump assisted..
and the top will not function.. if i hit the top button nothing happens..
my windows have been indexed..
Just need to know if i have to have the setup hooked up and a relearn done. I dont have gm scanner tool.

thanks for the help.

also does anyone know of a good XLR tech in Georgia? i am north of Atlanta.
can do my own mechanical work. but since i dont have a gm diagnostic tool.. ill need assistance.

Yes, you will have to do a relearn. The FTC module stores counts from the position switches at each step. Since you installed a new FTC module, these set points don't exist until you do a relearn. You need a Tech II to do a relearn. If you can find a Cadillac dealer with an XLR tech, that would be best. Maybe some of the other members from Atlanta will post some suggestions.
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worth searching for,,,,,,,

If nothing else,,,, maybe a BUICK dealership that was also a PONTIAC (RIP) dual dealership, might have a tech who worked on Pontiac's troublesome G6 Retractable Hardtop models who knows the 'in & outs' on GM tops? Those techs were well versed with GM retractable top issues and they are most likely still some guys out there who can help you out for less $$. Good luck!

Capital cadillac

Here in Atlanta keneth at capital is the guru we refer to. Capital Cadillac i havent had that issue but i do most of my own mechanical work on mine.

great thanks for the replies..
and ill go see Kenneth at capitol... i know where that is.. thanks for the inside scoupe.. saved me a bunch of hassle..
my dealership experience is the usual non service situation...

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom