Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! autocross

klaptrapper

My XLR/V(s)
2006-V black, ebony
Anyone on the site who has autocrossed the V? If so, I would like to get some feedback and perhaps some pointers. I'm going with my son who has a C4 corvette ZR-1 to the C4 gatherng in May. Like to try the car out. I have autocrossed Austin healey, Lotus Elan S2 and Morgan 4/4 quite successfully in the past (way past), however the heavy and automatic trans V is a different kettle of fish altogether. Although, unless the course is particularly long, first gear, TC off should do it. But how about understeer, throttle lag etc???

Thanks, Guys
Rusty

Yeah, wouldn't be my first choice to autocross, but you run what ya brung.
I'd bump tire pressures, try about 34 F, 36 R and use the tap shift. I don't know what else would be in your category though.
Have fun, let us know how you do.
Bruce

This event will be at the corvette C4 gathering, so most of the competition will be C4 corvettes. The V's suspension is better, so except for the weight and automatic trans disadvantage, I should be close to competitive.

Rusty

Yeah, wouldn't be my first choice to autocross, but you run what ya brung.
I'd bump tire pressures, try about 34 F, 36 R and use the tap shift. I don't know what else would be in your category though.
Have fun, let us know how you do.
Bruce

The suspension might be lacking in a few areas however. You might want to look into some sway bars. This will REALLY help the vehicle rotate around those cones and throughout the course.

If you really want to get aggressive we have some coilovers that will make the V handle like it is on rails.

Good luck!!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

This event will be at the corvette C4 gathering, so most of the competition will be C4 corvettes. The V's suspension is better, so except for the weight and automatic trans disadvantage, I should be close to competitive.

Rusty

Thanks Dr. But this is only a lark to just try the car, with my son running the ZR-1. Not a serious attempt. The Pirelli run flats are limits enough.
Thanks, again.
Rusty

The suspension might be lacking in a few areas however. You might want to look into some sway bars. This will REALLY help the vehicle rotate around those cones and throughout the course.

If you really want to get aggressive we have some coilovers that will make the V handle like it is on rails.

Good luck!!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics