Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Darbystoy

Darbystoy

Hi my husband and I are new to the group. We just purchased our XLR and are so happy. We lost our Chrysler Prowler in Hurricane Michael. We decided a little more comfortable car was needed. I need some info as it is a 2005 and it has a couple issues. One I was told one of the relays in the roof is not working and I need a new power steering pump. Hope someone can direct me as to how we can repair these ourselves.

Welcome To The XLR Site !

Welcome aboard. Congratulations on getting your XLR. They are absolutely a 'blast' to drive. Search this site for top retraction relays and top issues to maybe help you solve, or point you in the right direction, on that issue. The Power Steering Pump replacement shouldn't be a big or expensive issue as they are common to many G.M. Vehicles of this era. I.e., pretty common part. Maybe something you can do yourself. Not super difficult.

If you have someone work on it for you at a Cadillac Dealership try to make sure they have a 'Certified XLR Tech' on staff. A special G.M. Designation for them working on these cars.

Again, welcome to The XLR Site.

the power steering pump is a little hard to get to. You have to remove the pulley to get to the bolts that hold it on. Be sure to use the right puller to not damage the pully. You can get one at autozone to borrow should you decide to do the job. I will send you the right number if you do it yourself. You need the one that goes on the shaft not the outer lip. drive it like you stole it. it will reward you.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom