Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

driver shift control

MR Roadster

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 xlr
My driver shift control (manual shift) is inoperable. I traced it down to a micro switch inside the shifter. Others may have this problem also. Looking for a oem replacement switch but not having any success. Most likely going to have to use a generic switch with a 30mm lever.
I keep you'll posted on my progress.
There are 3 switches that operate the manual mode. The first is this switch which places the car in manual mode, the other 2 shift up and shift down. The service manual says if any switch is bad replace the entire shifter. Lol I'm not doing that, it's easy to replace the shift up & down switches. The manual mode switch is tougher to reach but not impossible. The shifter has a top plastic piece that pops off making the switch easier to access.

1662035812105.png

1662035844786.png

1662035865666.png

Howdy!
If that's the switch (or one of them) in the top picture, that shouldn't be too hard to find?

I just ran a search and it seems to be used in lots and lots of other vehicles so it has to be available from some electronics supply house quite readily I'd suspect.

HTH!

Gord :thumbsup

If the top picture is the switch you took out, I don't think it's original. GM doesn't solder wires to switches anywhere!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom