Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello….

Jimzee

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Cadillac XLR
Hello from Ontario Canada!
I have a black on black 05 XLR I purchased last summer and looking forward to being part of this forum : )

Reactions: Rob
Hello from Ontario Canada!
I have a black on black 05 XLR I purchased last summer and looking forward to being part of this forum : )
Hi Jimzee. Hugh here in Bracebridge Ontario. Have a 2004 Black with shale interior. Not qualified to help with top but wanted to welcome you to the site. Very helpful and someone will give you input hopefully. Enjoy your XLR. Read the owners manual it will help you with top so that you can put it down manually at least. Hugh

Thanks Hugh!
Yes I’ve been putting the top down manually but would really like to have it work properly.
I’ve read lots of threads, but not able to find any specific to the trunk working now with the new module but not the roof.
Do you know of any Cadillac dealers around with an experienced XLR tech? I’m happy to drive to see one!

Jim

Thanks Hugh!
Yes I’ve been putting the top down manually but would really like to have it work properly.
I’ve read lots of threads, but not able to find any specific to the trunk working now with the new module but not the roof.
Do you know of any Cadillac dealers around with an experienced XLR tech? I’m happy to drive to see one!

Jim
Hi Jim. My local GM/CAD dealer has no one to help on the XLR. Would rather not see me. Have a good mechanic elsewhere for everything EXCEPT top. Are you aware of TOP HYDRAULICS in Oregon phone 514 902 3214 ? They are very helpful with walking you through issues. Keep in mind that other makes share much of the top items such as Lexus, MB Sorry I can not help further. Hugh

Other than fluid i dont think you will find anything shared with mb or lexus. If you know of parts shared please let us know. If you ate going to keep the car, i highly recomend you purchase and learn to use a tech 2 . a service manual and tool will cost you about what one visit to the dealer will be and you can learn to rest functions on the car and when no longer needed sell the tool and manual and gst most of your money back.

Thanks ,,, I can see that may make some sense. Are there US companies you can buy a Tech 11 from? I’ve read about some Chinese sellers that there are issues with…

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom