Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from Florida

bdcbarnhardt

My XLR/V(s)
2004 NM addition #68
Proud owner of a 2004 Neman Marcus #68 and a 2009 Black Raven XLR/V . Joined back in October , but just getting around to becoming more active. Looking forward to learning more about the group.

Proud owner of a 2004 Neman Marcus #68 and a 2009 Black Raven XLR/V . Joined back in October , but just getting around to becoming more active. Looking forward to learning more about the group.
Welcome!

Thank you for the info. my 09 is stuck in Park , going to the dealer tomorrow on a flatbed if I can't get it out of park.

take it to a transmission shop. they can put a repair kit in the cable for 100 . the dealer will tell you it needs a cable that you may be able to get for an 09 and will charge you about 6-700. the bushing repair kti is guranteed for life and is very easy and works very well. I have done a dozen of them.

if you have an aftermarket warranty they may pay the dealer but your deductable will be higher than cost by a tranny shop. part number for the cable shows still no longer available so the car will be stuck there for some time . I have modified the corvette cable to work on one that was cut but thats above a dealers ability to do. haha gm part number 10347385

Good evening, for whatever reason it is like the car reset itself, The problem went away, and all dashboard warnings have gone away as well? I removed battery terminals is all and came back to it 2 days later and reconnected. Car was towed from OHIO in a blizzard in an open trailer and think that may have done something. I had told them to send it in an enclosed trailer and paid for part of the shipping. Not real happy with this Cadillac dealership. You of seen the car exterior and the engine compartment is trashed from the snow and rain. Needless to say my attorney is making a note to them. Did not even bother to tape the nose and it will need to be repainted.

these cars need a fully charged battery to operate. I would look inside the rear trunk area to make sure its not wet. that can cause serious expense look at the left rear inside cubby with the suspension and top modules. any moisture at all thats ANY can get into the system. it it even looks damp fix the leak area. there is a lot written on how to do it and remove the lip seal under the floor on the rear that gets old and glues itself together.

Welcome,
I am in Wesley Chapel also. Will be showing my 2009 at the car show at Wiregrass Mall Sunday. Had same
problem with my shift cable, have trans shop check before dealer.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom