Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hello from The Desert

Cadzilla

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red Metallic XLR-V
Hello fellow XLR enthusiasts,
It's good to be on board with you. I am the very proud & happy owner of a 2008 Crystal Red Metallic XLR-V, which I inherited a year & a half ago. My previous ride was a 2007 Black Raven standard XLR and I've had a smile on my face ever since. In my youth I purchased a new 1963 Corvette Stingray (Split Window Coupe) and had recurring dreams about that memorable car for years. Those recurring dreams ceased when I drove my first XLR.
As an aside & an FYI, my service rep was able to locate a supplier who actually had 2 new Perelli Elforia run-flat tires for the front of my 'V'. Perelli has discontinued this tire. Until now I've had Perelli on the rear wheels and Michelin (245/45/19) on the front. One of the Michelins failed and I'm replacing both front tires with the new Perellis. I'll now have 4 Perellis run flats all around, as originally mounted at the factory. 235/45/19 up front & 255/40/19 for the rear.
Drive safe & happy,
Cadzilla

Welcome to the forum, Cadzilla. :wave:

Hey, Patrick!!! Looks like you have company. :blinzel:

I'll likely be bringing my "Daphne" back to the desert in March, when we return from Colorado. Maybe we can all link up for coffee. Lots of XLRs here in the desert.

Tim

Thanks Tim

I'll likely be bringing my "Daphne" back to the desert in March, when we return from Colorado. Maybe we can all link up for coffee. Lots of XLRs here in the desert.

Tim

Thanks for the welcome, Tim. When you & Tim are ready, coffee's on me.

Thanks Tim

Tim

Thanks for the welcome, Tim. When you & PATRICK are ready, coffee's on me.

Thanks for the welcome, Rob. Sure like that I.D. shot of your XLR. How did you add it?

That's called an Avatar. Click on Settings in the upper right hand corner, and then in the left-side navigation bar, under MY SETTINGS, click on EDIT AVATAR.

-Rob

Welcome Aboard

Congrats. :) Please post some pictures when you can. A little over a year ago I bought my Hess and Eisenhardt Eldorado Convert in Palm Springs. Previously owned by Getty Oil Family Member. My XLR came out of San Diego purchased from the original owner. Great cars. ;)

Hello CNC

Congrats. :) Please post some pictures when you can. A little over a year ago I bought my Hess and Eisenhardt Eldorado Convert in Palm Springs. Previously owned by Getty Oil Family Member. My XLR came out of San Diego purchased from the original owner. Great cars. ;)

When did you purchase your Palm Springs H&E Elorado? I remember seeing a fine white example with a red interior 'round town until recently. Could that have been yours?
Cadzilla :cool:

When did you purchase your Palm Springs H&E Elorado? I remember seeing a fine white example with a red interior 'round town until recently. Could that have been yours?
Cadzilla :cool:

Are you sure it had a red interior? The guy that was storing it in Palm Springs said as far as he knew it was the only one in the area? He had brought it in from The Getty Collection in L.A. at the time storing it in Palm Springs. Maybe there is a second one? Yet they are pretty rare. This is a 79'. So has the Olds 350 CI V8. The later ones that used the HT4100 engine, not a good effort. I intend to keep it 100% original stock except for very minor mods. High flow cat, quiet mufflers and duals. Getty had custom ordered the car with the wire wheels from Restor Cadillac in Burlingame (now a Toyota Dealership). They had the dealer install the Nardi Steering Wheel.

Eldorado Convertible.jpgNew Caretakers, Eldorado Convertible 005.jpgCadillac Eldorado.jpgCadillac Eldorado #6.jpgCadillac Eldorado #5.jpgNew Family Member 001.jpg My little buddy, Tigger. 13lb Bichon Frise Boy. "Killer Attack Dog". Yeah, right.;) He loves to ride with the top down!

Hello again, CNC

Are you sure it had a red interior? The guy that was storing it in Palm Springs said as far as he knew it was the only one in the area? He had brought it in from The Getty Collection in L.A. at the time storing it in Palm Springs. Maybe there is a second one? Yet they are pretty rare. This is a 79'. So has the Olds 350 CI V8. The later ones that used the HT4100 engine, not a good effort. I intend to keep it 100% original stock except for very minor mods. High flow cat, quiet mufflers and duals. Getty had custom ordered the car with the wire wheels from Restor Cadillac in Burlingame (now a Toyota Dealership). They had the dealer install the Nardi Steering Wheel.

View attachment 6296View attachment 6297View attachment 6298View attachment 6299View attachment 6300View attachment 6301 My little buddy, Tigger. 13lb Bichon Frise Boy. "Killer Attack Dog". Yeah, right.;) He loves to ride with the top down!

Great pics!!! Wish I knew how to do that.
I could be mistaken about the red interior. Last time I saw the car it was in a theater parking lot. I think I'd have taken notice of your distinctive and beautiful saddle leather. I'll keep my eye out for another sighting. Could be a 'Snowbird' owned car. Your Eldo is a truly gorgeous example of a rare model and it looks to be in superior condition. Interesting history, too. The soft top appears to be an exceptionally tight fit and nicely done. Very classy look. The wood Nardi is a nice touch, too.
I hope you've fitted the ferocious Tigger with Ray-Bans for cruising top-down. My sis has a Bichon named Henry who's full of high jinx.
Enjoyed the pics.
Cadzilla

Great pics!!! Wish I knew how to do that.
I could be mistaken about the red interior. Last time I saw the car it was in a theater parking lot. I think I'd have taken notice of your distinctive and beautiful saddle leather. I'll keep my eye out for another sighting. Could be a 'Snowbird' owned car. Your Eldo is a truly gorgeous example of a rare model and it looks to be in superior condition. Interesting history, too. The soft top appears to be an exceptionally tight fit and nicely done. Very classy look. The wood Nardi is a nice touch, too.
I hope you've fitted the ferocious Tigger with Ray-Bans for cruising top-down. My sis has a Bichon named Henry who's full of high jinx.
Enjoyed the pics.
Cadzilla

Thank you for your kind comments. :) I have always really liked this body style. It is in beautiful original condition with only 45K original documented miles. G.M. called the color Cotillion White. Getty did have it repainted about five years ago. Professional top notch job. They had the whole car stripped and even removed the hood, fenders, and trunk lid at the time. The top was new when I bought it. Yet it needed, and still needs work from having just 'sat' unused for many years. When I got it leaked oil everywhere as all the seals had dried out. The trans pan gasket, trans side shift level seal, differential housing, power steering pump and lines, oil pan and rear main seal. All now fixed with new seals. Everything flushed and new filters as well. I still have to replace all the A arm bushings and sway bar bushings as they are all dried out and cracked plus the shocks. Now the next job. :cool:

Tigger has 'doggles' on when we cruise. He is also a 'busy' one. But really well behaved.

I've been OTL

Tim

Sorry I Missed you post Tim, life got in the way and, I missed all the post for January, February, March and April. Are you still in the desert? Let's get together with Cadzilla and do coffee. If Tim is gone, Cadzilla we can still get together. What say?

Hi Patrick ! : )

Sorry I Missed you post Tim, life got in the way and, I missed all the post for January, February, March and April. Are you still in the desert? Let's get together with Cadzilla and do coffee. If Tim is gone, Cadzilla we can still get together. What say?

Am butting into your post here with Tim. But just to say hello. :wave: And hi to Tim also! We are further north here in Colorado than Tim. Not a whole bunch. I'd guess about 60 miles or thereabouts. And at the very peaky top of The Palmer Ridge @ 7,600 ft. above sea level. Good for cool summer nights, but also good for long winters with lots of snow. Last weekend we had two feet (2') on the 16th through the 17th with 50 mph winds. I spent all day Monday digging out. Drifts 5' high. So we get about 4 months of summer and 8 months of winter. Tim's in The Colorado Banana Belt. Smart man.

As a result, we are finally seriously considering moving south. Like to Arizona somewhere in the not to distant future? Maybe next year?

I have my eye on another car, but the 'Boss' is putting her foot down. So I am engaging in the equivalent of The Spousal Chinese Water Treatment. It's called constant repetition, i.e., begging. :rolleyes: So far she is adamant, as in "no more cars!"

Please say hello to your better half.

Best, Charles

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry