Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Key Pad

beaver_jd

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Red XLR / 2007 XLR-V
I am ordering a new key pad for my passenger door and was told labor could be $300 plus if the door panel has to come off. I think a new pad can be put on without taking the panel off. Am I correct?
John F.

Not sure what part you mean. Maybe a description or pic?

Take it to a bodyshop. They will charge you one hour most likely to do the job.less than a hundred. If you want I will send the instructions where they can find the hidden screws. Note if the courtesy light gets broken, its not available anywhere

Take it to a bodyshop. They will charge you one hour most likely to do the job.less than a hundred. If you want I will send the instructions where they can find the hidden screws. Note if the courtesy light gets broken, its not available anywhere
The pad appears to be attached with 2 screws and you see them on the door jam.

Yes. Many people just take it apart and clean the contacts,but its cheap while you can still get them. So just replace it and keep your old one

Hey,

Really ?? Seasoned member ? Seems that the original question was rhetorical to begin with.

WoW..........

Bill

Hey,

Really ?? Seasoned member ? Seems that the original question was rhetorical to begin with.

WoW..........

Bill
I asked that question because the dealer told me the panel may have to come off. That's why I decided to check with the group. But hey, thanks for your valuable input.
John F.

Really ?? I made the observation based on a review of the thread and its' obvious nature, not to ruffle feathers...You are welcome, regarding my input. Just saying. And so it goes.

Bill

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry