Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Know were the grond wires are.

IAN

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 silver XLR
HI XLR owners.

As a ''do it yourself '' like many of us, often it is not easy to get this informations, with the help of my work shop manual i have put together the position of each ground sources.

They are very similar to the C6 corvette however i believe that the needs are not always the same, the studs on the frame are in the same place and the block ( pack ) wires vary from 6 to 12 wires.

The ground 101 and 102 ( mostly for the front LH and RH lamps ) are getting some how dirty with time and needs to be clean with a wire brush and for the hard reaching area the baking soda could be of some help and a old tooth brush ( make sure to dry completely the connectors in order to avoid other problems ) Their grounds block (pack) are hold by a nut and easy to remove.

The ground 201,202,301 and 302 are inside of the car and well protected if you find corrosion on them that could mean that water got in a large quantity and it is not a good news. The access to then is a bit harder some trims have to be removed.

The ground 401 and 402 are also open to the weather and are getting dirty, their cable are bolt on the side of the rear LH and RH frame rails.

The ground 104 and 106 ( not completed yet ) are close to the battery, there could be other grounds however i believe that these ones are of the most concerns problems.

The Ground block ( pack ) could be open by un locking the retainers with a small screw driver, be patient and take your time, be cool.

Enjoy it. Chassisgroundconnectordisected012[1].jpgA2   chassis_001[1].jpg

IAN

Last edited:
Hi XLR Owners.

Found in my workshop manual that there is 2 motor ground straps instead of 1, as previouly said, there are hard to find on the car ( and the same in the manual.)

Enclosed are a photo of it.

IAN
0A3  $(KGrHqFHJC0FCBJ7bUM,BQpcr+8OW!~~60_57[1] (2) - Copie.jpg

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry