Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

MY EARLY WEDDING GIFT

Xenon Lady

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Xenon Blue XLR
:wave: Hello everyone! I am new to all this, so bear with me as I find the time to do this, and learn my way around the forum. I just received an early wedding gift from my fiance, a 2004 Xenon Blue XLR, my dream car! To start from the beginning, we met on-line 2 years ago, and then met in person at a car show in May 2015. After finding out we both had a love of cars, Cadillacs, Corvettes, Jaguars, and cats (not necessarily in that order! LOL), the chemistry was over the top. :love: This past May was our 'anniversary'... we had lunch at the same place where we had our first date 2 years ago. And at the same car show. They hold this charity car show event every year, and this year we were there with our Corvette Club. He proposed during our lunch. I was totally surprised, even though we spoke about getting married, it slipped my mind that he could possibly pop the question there.

So fast forward to a few weeks ago, we were driving home from church and his eye caught a Xenon Blue XLR parked at a used car dealership. We decided to just "window shop" and stopped to see the car. Next thing I know, we are test driving it. At first, I wasn't crazy about the dark interior, but the wood panel accents really caught my eye and made me think twice. I thought, hmmm... maybe I could live with the color. After all, I was already in love with the exterior! It was a gorgeous color, only 36,000+ miles, and a clean car fax report. I guess the look on my face was enough for Sal, my fiancee, to do whatever he had to do to get me this car. I found out later that he had been searching long and hard for my dream car, and with the wedding coming up, it made perfect sense to him. The light bulb went off... My dream car = his wedding gift to me! Sal is a wonderful, thoughtful, considerate human being and I feel very blessed to have met him. He's changed my life in many ways. The car is just a perk. He's a wonderful guy regardless of how he spoils me from time to time. And I wouldn't trade him for all the money in the world!

Back to the XLR, now we (he) is in the process of redoing what he can with the interior, changing it to shale. It's going to look fabulous! The light and dark contrasts really make the interior pop and I can't wait to see how it all comes together. I'll post more pictures as we go along. He is on the forum as well, under
Wife's XLR. He had pinstriping put on the car, silver and a light pink... sounds crazy but it really looks great on the car! Just enough of a silvery type pink to make it a 'girl' car. And today he surprised me with a license plate bezel I had my eye on. Of course it has it's bling on it, and a pink bow on the bottom. I've posted a photo of that as well (also my avatar, lol). :thumbsup

We are getting married in Sept up in New Jersey, where most of our family still lives (I'm a Jersey Girl, he's from Long Island). After finding out there is a 3 day waiting period to get your marriage license in NJ, and we aren't flying up until 2 days before, we won't be able to get the license in time. So we are going to really get "married" down here, in Key West, at the Hemmingway House. Just a short and sweet ceremony with just us and their 6-toed cats. Then we will have a ceremony in front of our families up in NJ in Sept. Phew! Talk about wedding planning... it's enough to drive anyone to run away and elope. Now I understand why people do that! This is not my first marriage, but it's been a while since I've planned anything like this. But I'm getting excited, in between the stress and getting ready to pull my hair out. After a couple months, this will all settle down and I'll truly be able to take my top off... the car... and enjoy the ride! :laugh::chuckle :lol:

Welcome and congratulations for both, the future husband and your new Xenon Blue Baby. Lots to learn about the car here. Happy highway-ing...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the XLR and marriage. I have been off the forum a fair bit lately as we seem to have so much going on. I know of the dealership you speak of: we have a winter home in Port Charlotte. I had my XLR down there last winter but this year it will be our 61 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 station wagon. The XLR is the perfect 'winter' car in Florida! Enjoy your new ride.... and new marriage! Hopefully we will see you somewhere sometime? Just curious: what Vette(s) you have?

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the XLR and marriage. I have been off the forum a fair bit lately as we seem to have so much going on. I know of the dealership you speak of: we have a winter home in Port Charlotte. I had my XLR down there last winter but this year it will be our 61 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 station wagon. The XLR is the perfect 'winter' car in Florida! Enjoy your new ride.... and new marriage! Hopefully we will see you somewhere sometime? Just curious: what Vette(s) you have?

Hello graytoad! Thank you for the well wishes! I don't get on this forum as much as I'd like to myself, but now that I have the car back, I probabaly will make more of an effort. We had the entire interior redone in shale (it was black). Looks so beautiful now, very classy and sharp. Besides the interior, my husband also put a V hood on it, new wheels (or shoes as I like to call them!) and changed the bumper to a 2009 premiere XLR-V bumper. It looks much nicer, has rectangular shaped tail pipes... you'll evenutally see it in pics which we need to post soon! Everybody has been asking, lol. We have had a lot of luck selling off the parts we took off the car already too.

Now that the weather is cooling off some, I'm looking forward to enjoying the car and taking it to car shows. It will be my first time entering "my" car. Sal has a 2016 Corvette Stingray convertible. White with twilight blue package. The top is twilight blue, as is the interior (black & blue combo). He also has a 2016 ATS-V. That car can kick ass just like the vette, LOL. We just came back from Nevada where Sal went to the Spring Mountain Motor Resort, where he went thru the Cadillac V-Performance Academy. He put a post on here about that. It was pretty cool and he learned a lot about the car. His forum name is Wife's XLR if you want to try and find the thread where he talked about it.

Anywho, I used to live down in Cape Coral and I am a realtor, so I am pretty familiar with both Charlotte and Lee counties. I still have partners down there, so I can still do some business down there. If you ever need anything, or know anyone who wants to sell or buy, feel free to pass on my info! We are up in Palm Harbor now. If you're ever in the area, let us know. We'd love to see your Olds!

Thanks for listening!
Xenon Lady (Angela)

Thanks!

Welcome and congratulations for both, the future husband and your new Xenon Blue Baby. Lots to learn about the car here. Happy highway-ing...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Hello Smoothran! :wave: Thank you for the well wishes! I don't get on this forum as much as I'd like to, but now that I have the car back, I probabaly will make more of an effort. We had the entire interior redone in shale (it was black). Looks so beautiful now, very classy and sharp. Besides the interior, my husband also put a V hood on it, new wheels (or shoes as I like to call them!) and changed the bumper to a 2009 premiere XLR-V bumper. It looks much nicer, has rectangular shaped tail pipes... you'll evenutally see it in pics which we need to post soon! Everybody has been asking, lol. We have had a lot of luck selling off the parts we took off the car already too.

Now that the weather is cooling off some, I'm looking forward to taking my top off and enjoying the ride! And I can't wait to enter it in a car show. It will be my first time entering "my" car. I will be happy highway-ing soon enough!!

Hello graytoad! Thank you for the well wishes! I don't get on this forum as much as I'd like to myself, but now that I have the car back, I probabaly will make more of an effort. We had the entire interior redone in shale (it was black). Looks so beautiful now, very classy and sharp. Besides the interior, my husband also put a V hood on it, new wheels (or shoes as I like to call them!) and changed the bumper to a 2009 premiere XLR-V bumper. It looks much nicer, has rectangular shaped tail pipes... you'll evenutally see it in pics which we need to post soon! Everybody has been asking, lol. We have had a lot of luck selling off the parts we took off the car already too.

Now that the weather is cooling off some, I'm looking forward to enjoying the car and taking it to car shows. It will be my first time entering "my" car. Sal has a 2016 Corvette Stingray convertible. White with twilight blue package. The top is twilight blue, as is the interior (black & blue combo). He also has a 2016 ATS-V. That car can kick ass just like the vette, LOL. We just came back from Nevada where Sal went to the Spring Mountain Motor Resort, where he went thru the Cadillac V-Performance Academy. He put a post on here about that. It was pretty cool and he learned a lot about the car. His forum name is Wife's XLR if you want to try and find the thread where he talked about it.

Anywho, I used to live down in Cape Coral and I am a realtor, so I am pretty familiar with both Charlotte and Lee counties. I still have partners down there, so I can still do some business down there. If you ever need anything, or know anyone who wants to sell or buy, feel free to pass on my info! We are up in Palm Harbor now. If you're ever in the area, let us know. We'd love to see your Olds!

Thanks for listening!
Xenon Lady (Angela)

Sounds like we have similar tastes! You don't happen to be into Harley's too?! Steve & I recently sold our 67 Corvette convertible that we had owned for around 25 years. He is wanting to by a current model Corvette convertible to have in Florida, wants white with a red interior. I have never seen the Twilight Blue package.

We just sold our north Port home and bought another place in Port Charlotte with a 1400 sq ft attached garage: perfect for the two of us and our obsessions. :burnout:

Anyway, as everyone else is asking: waiting to see photos of your XLR..... plus hubby can post pics of the Vette too. You can post albums of what ever online here for all of us to drool over! :blinzel:

Take care, hope to see you someday....... you should look into coming to the 15th reunion in BG

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom