Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

New shocks, now ride control

Steve O'

My shocks were making noise in the front so I had the Cadillac dealership put new ones on. My wife picked up the car and now my display says service ride control. Would they have had to reset the computer after swapping them out? Our service advisor said the tech remembered plugging in the sensors but they are easily seen and we could check. I see one on the passenger side plugged in but not the driver side. Any clue where it might be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shocks

the plug is on top of the shock on the rear it has two , one on the shock and about a foot away another plug. For what a dealer charged you to replace new shocks , if that light was not on before you took it in, I would be back there and tell them to get it fixed. I would not waste a minute trying to solve their problem. That is totally unacceptable work

Yeah, how do you drive it off the rack, see that and toss the keys to the owner....

Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon FL...

exactly . The service writer should have seen that and know what the car was in for and took it right back to the tech.Sorry for your inconvience but I am sure they will make it right. Most likely they will now want to sell you a 1000 ride moduel that is no longer avaialble from GM but to show up on ebay

exactly . The service writer should have seen that and know what the car was in for and took it right back to the tech.Sorry for your inconvience but I am sure they will make it right. Most likely they will now want to sell you a 1000 ride moduel that is no longer avaialble from GM but to show up on ebay

When my from shock was blown, I talked to my service tech and service advisor we all agreed that since the parts are getting scarce. That I bit the bullet and replace all 4. Because I was afraid that at the time the others needed replaced either I would be having to sell the car or the other shocks wouldn’t be available. Now I’m happier that that big expense is out of the way

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back